Registration

RAGBRAI Lottery

If you registered as a week-long rider by April 1 and your waiver and payment were processed, you are included in the lottery.  There are three ways to find out if you were accepted for the ride.

1. You will receive an email with your wristband number.
  2. You can log-on to the registration site with your username and password.
  3. You can use the “Lottery Look-up” and enter your name and date of birth (must be the same as on your registration)

The group contact can print a list of group members with corresponding wristband numbers.  Just log-on to the group home page and click on “Print Summary” next to “Group Closed” at the top of the group summary page.

11 Responses on “RAGBRAI Lottery

Jason

May 1, 2012 at 8:39 am

WE MADE IT!!! First RAGBRAI and I couldn’t be any more excited. See everyone in July!!

Felix Delgado

May 1, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Our Weston, Florida team was selected…….Iowa here we come (Jacque, Bob & Felix)

Profile photo of dbkguy

dbkguy

May 1, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Any stats on this years ride, such as how many didn’t make the lottery or vehicle passes?

Also any other stats would be nice too!

BJS

May 1, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I’m also curious how many people don’t make it in each year. Every year I’ve done it, I never heard of people not making it in.
Thanks!

3Dudaks

May 1, 2012 at 2:10 pm

We didn’t get selected in the lottery a couple years ago. However, within a few weeks we got a call from RAGBRAI with wristbands that others had returned. So it can happen.

SLB56

May 1, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Team Mt Rush4more will be there. 3rd year riding. Question,the jersey, cool design, but black?

guvenlik kamerasi, guvenlik kameralari. kamera sistemi

June 15, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my weblog so i came to go back the desire?.I am attempting to to find issues to enhance my web site!I assume its ok to make use of a few of your ideas!!

garacom80

December 2, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Hello my family member! I want to say that this post is amazing, great written and come with approximately all vital infos. I’d like to peer more posts like this .

Aunahid

May 1, 2013 at 8:47 am

At the risk of sounding uninformed, I am going to ask the questions anyway… how do you know if you got in? I have not received an email indicating yay or nay, the “lottery look-up” link states that the results are not yet online, and on my registration page, it only indicates in green that ” your group registration is finalized”….so, does that mean we are in?

Bryan Bechtold

May 1, 2013 at 9:51 am

I am in! First time rider, but a long time admirer of the ride. Iowa you have never disappointed. Hope to visit with some of my “Old Threshers” friends along the way.

Yippie-I-Yo-Ki-Ya!

Denver, CO

konya güvenlik kamerası

July 5, 2014 at 3:05 am

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no backup.
Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?

• In tense summer, Iowa C.O.P.S. ride to remember fallen officers

MALVERN, Ia. — Away from RAGBRAI’s gaudy beauty and sweet, boisterous cacophony, eight police officers biked to the middle of a quiet cemetery just outside of town to pay respects to ...

• Starting RAGBRAI with totaled RV

MALVERN, Ia. — Team Red Dog started day one of RAGBRAI on a downer note with a totaled RV. A volunteer driver drove the rented vehicle beneath a train trestle with ...

• RAGBRAI rider killed in crash identified

The crash happened west of Glenwood, the starting town.

• Tips on traversing the gravel loop

For those who are looking for a more adventurous (and dusty) ride, the gravel loop at RAGBRAI provides a bumpy ride. At over 18 miles long with 1,000 feet of climbing, ...

• What to look for on Sunday on RAGBRAI

It's about 50 miles out of the chute (plus a gravel loop?)

• 19 photos: Riders flock to Missouri River dip site

Glenwood is a few miles from the river, and some cyclists took advantage of a chance to get in the real Missouri on Saturday.

• Tim Kaine's RAGBRAI resume

It's true, the newly minted VP candidate rode in 1996.

• What to look for Sunday on RAGBRAI

It's about 50 miles out of the chute (plus a gravel loop?)

• Man crosses paths with RAGBRAI on cross-continental trip

• Siblings meet for first time at RAGBRAI

To the average bystander, Deborah Anderson, 47, and Christian Parkes, 48, look like any brother and sister riding RAGBRAI together. Outside Vine Street Cellars in Glenwood, they joked and laughed with ...

• The Des Moines Register asked RAGBRAI cyclists their thoughts on how cyclist safety could be improved.

• RAGBRAI riders make a pit stop in Randolph to battle it out in bubble suits during the first day of the ride.

• Winds will shift from the southwest to the north through the day. Temperatures will reach 90 degrees. More sunshine is on tap for Monday and Tuesday.

• Police officers ride for the fallen on the first day of the Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa.

• RAGBRAI riders hit the water slide in Tabor, the midpoint town on the first day from Glenwood to Shenandoah.

• Ghost bike marks start of one mile of silence honoring and remembering those lives lost and affected by bicycle related deaths.

• Deb Anderson talks about meeting her brother, Christian Parkes, at RAGBRAI. The two spent time together outside Vine Street Cellars in Glenwood on Saturday.

• Keith Davis traveled from Scotland to ride his bike from Alaska to South America. He stopped through Iowa for one day of RAGBRAI.

• Riders dip their back tires in tanks of Missouri River water before the start of RAGBRAI.

• The ridge of high pressure that kept our temperatures HOT this week is starting to break down, which will allow the weather to return to normal. Monday and Tuesday look to stay dry with highs in the mid to upper 80s.