RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014

New Logo for RAGBRAI XLI Unveiled!

RAGBRAI unveiled the new logo for RAGBRAI XLI today!  The logo was designed by Suzanne Milosevich, one the top graphic artist for The Des Moines Register.  The state of Iowa has the number one bicycle tour in the land and we also are first in the nation in pork production.   No other ride in the world combines pigs and bikes like RAGBRAI!

RAGBRAI XLI is July 21-27, 2013 and registration begins November 15, 2012.  The route for RAGBRAI XLI will be unveiled at the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party on January 26, 2013 in Des Moines.

Check out the new apparel featuring the RAGBRAI XLI logo at the RAGBRAI SHOP

58 Responses on “New Logo for RAGBRAI XLI Unveiled!

Steve O

October 17, 2012 at 8:21 am

Iceman, I sincerely wish you and your knees luck in finding more novelty in the other rides that currently lure you more than RAGBRAI. Hopefully, those other events will incorporate logos which are more adult and prettier.

iceman

October 22, 2012 at 9:21 am

Well, Steve O, thanks. Here is what we have been longing to do and it conflicts with the start of RAGBRAI. We have signed up for a week of rides in France, some of which are on the same routes as will have been visited the day or two before by the Tour de France. Then, we leap frog into Paris to watch the last day of the Tour. Then back to work to pay for my fun. As much fun as RAGBRAI is, you have to admit my France trip would be hard to top.

Tom Young

October 28, 2012 at 9:24 pm

The logo kinda grows on you! Ragbrai is about the ride, the food, the heat, hills, humidity, the tradition, but most importantly, relationships. The relatioships that I have formed with other riders, hosts and all of the great support people have truly enriched my life. I might wear the new logo with the same pride as those adies in the red hat club. iceman, you will probably missed by those who know you. Keep on spinning.

Danr6

November 26, 2012 at 4:07 pm

You know my mum says don’t pick up strangers they will want me to take them home That’s what the pig is thinking…just saying

LawnchairMan

November 26, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I get the connection with pigs and bikes at RAGBRAI, but this IS a poor design. I certainly will not purchase any apparel with this mark on it.

This brings up the question: who decides what design to use? Couldn’t we, the participants, vote on a few choices? That way the Register could get an idea of best sellers, and there would be more happy campers / riders.

Man with a Lantern

December 10, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Looks like lots of people like the logo – and just as many dislike it. I say to vote with your wallet and either buy something with the logo, or don’t.

Personally, I appreciated the work that Cycle Design did in the late ’90s and still have many of those jersies.

I stopped buying Register-logo’d wear some time ago. Even the Register-approved t-shirts that the vendors are selling pretty much suck.

But still, I ride.

Linda W

January 27, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Simply awful. Looks like it was designed in 1975.

Mike Velda

March 10, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Wow! Just wow! How many pigs ride bikes these day? Seriously? I need to call the register now to have them take my jersey off my registration. I don’t need no ‘stinkin’ jersey to have fun though. :)

Oh, and why does everyone like iceman think they are so cool because they went to France and saw where Tour de is held? I mean really, “iceman” the name tells half the story. Anyway iceman, Lancey went to France too and everyone thought he was so cool. As it turns out, everyone was wrong. There are bike rides outside your world of France! … it’s called RAGBRAI! I’ve been to France too and its just another crappy road that sucks for riding… iceman, no reason to get a bone over just another crappy road. sigh…

j martin

March 22, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Shame to see the Register sucking at the teat of the hog factory farm system that seems to be angling to re-name the Hawkeye state the Hogshit state. Only a cartoon pig on bike–escaping a CAFO, I presume–could be happy in Iowa.

flight deals india

March 22, 2013 at 4:13 pm

It’s very effortless to find out any matter on net as compared to books, as I found this article at this web page.| flight deals india http://www.funtraveldeals.com/book-flights/

agate cameos bangle

March 22, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Hi, the whole thing is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s actually good, keep up writing.| agate cameos bangle http://www.goldmemoriesforever.co

papaka

March 22, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this post and also the rest of the website is really good.| papaka http://www.takeload.com

foto nunta

March 23, 2013 at 3:20 am

Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the challenges. It was definitely informative. Your website is very helpful. Thank you for sharing!| foto nunta http://madvideo.ro/fotograf-de-nunta/

HochzeitsfotografMünch

March 23, 2013 at 10:52 am

This is really interesting, You are a very professional blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks| Hochzeitsfotograf München http://www.fotostudioaugenblicke.de

AlternativestoGooglese

March 24, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Many thanks for penning this effective post..Liked your content pieces. Make sure you do hold writing Alternatives to Google search engine http://asdasghdsdfs5hf.com

Cyfan

April 3, 2013 at 10:45 am

Whether you like the jersey or not RAGBRAI is about more than the jersey. It is about the ride, meeting new friends, enjoying new experiences, and just having fun. There are comments about RAGBRAI not changing things, but things do change. The routes change, the weather changes and the people you ride around change. For me that means a wonderful week riding by bike rather than sitting at a desk for a week. I love it!!!

Tamatha Kartes

April 9, 2013 at 11:06 pm

There are some attention-grabbing closing dates on this article but I don’t know if I see all of them middle to heart. There’s some validity however I will take maintain opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as effectively

Melody

May 15, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Hey! Thіѕ post сοuldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

Also visit my page :: Melody

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• Video: RAGBRAIers 'show us (their) wheels'

We've asked RAGBRAI riders to "show us your wheels" and we got exactly what we asked for.

• Munson: Wednesday was so easy ...

I had an inkling that Wednesday was the easiest RAGBRAI day in history when I zoomed by the Mr. Pork Chop bus before 9 a.m. and rolled into Clear Lake ...

• What to look for Thursday

Here’s a quick look ahead toward Thursday’s 66-mile ride from Mason City to Waverly

• RAGBRAI rider plays guitar made from cigar box

Check out these two guys who brought some interesting guitars along for RAGBRAI.

• Video: How did Joe Sixpack get his nickname?

Ever heard of a beer columnist? Well RAGBRAI has! Hear what Donald 'Joe Sixpack' Russell has to say about being a beer reporter.

• 86-year-old world bicycling champ takes it easy on RAGBRAI

Carl Grove doesn't look like a world champion. He doesn't look 86 years old, either, but it's true.

• Native's kids visit Iowa for first time on RAGBRAI

Though 58-year-old Tom Murray is from Storm Lake, his kids, who live in China and Minnesota, had never visited the state.

• RAGBRAI riders visit Buddy Holly's last stop

RAGBRAI riders boogied on the dance floor with their decorated helmets and sweat-drenched shirts, as they visited the last place Buddy Holly played before he died in a plane crash ...

• Forest City starts cleanup, plans for more toilets next time

Cleanup is "a community effort," said Gary Ludwig, the chairman of Forest City RAGBRAI. "That's what RAGBRAI is about. Everyone does something."

• Lance Armstrong lost-bag tweet elicits disparaging responses

Lance Armstrong asked on Twitter Tuesday night for help finding a lost bag in Forest City. The replies included no sign of the bag, but plenty of jabs about Armstrong's ...

• RAGBRAI rolls through Nora Springs

• RAGBRAI riders show us their wheels.

• Beer columnist Don "Joe Sixpack" Russell from Philly rides his first RAGBRAI.

• Brian Denney and Gretchen Imhoff from Springfield, Ill., were married July 23 in Clear Lake in the middle of RAGBRAI.

• Team CUBS based in Chicago plays Kybo roulette for the first time in six years to raise money for Camp Courageous in Monticello.

• Rider Renee Dowlin gets help in a pinch from Dennis Kain of Boulevard Sports in Des Moines.

• Another beautiful day for Thursday but expect the humidity and warm temperatures to return to Central Iowa on Friday.

• Chuck Shropshire of Ventura Fire Department helps riders navigate through his town.

• Check out these two guys who brought some interesting guitars along for the RAGBRAI ride!

• The Des Moines Register Illustrator talks about his design for this year's fantastic RAGBRAI poster!