State Historical Museum to Feature RAGBRAI Exhibit this Summer

Share RAGBRAI Stories and Artifacts with State Historical Museum at Iowa Bike Expo

The State Historical Museum of Iowa will be working in partnership with The Des Moines Register to develop a new exhibition called Riding Into History filled with artifacts, stories, photos and videos that truly reflect the cycling experience in Iowa.  The exhibit, opening in Summer 2013, will focus on Iowa’s rich bicycling history as well as everyone’s favorite bike ride, RAGBRAI!

History Biker will be at the Iowa Bicycle Expo on Saturday, January 26, meeting RAGBRAIers and recording stories!  Stop by the Riding Into History booth at the Expo and share your favorite story as well as learn how to share your RAGBRAI artifacts and photos with the State Historical Museum of Iowa!

Don’t forget to follow @historybiker on Twitter and like the project on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HistoryBiker  You can also e-mail her at HistoryBikerJess@gmail.com

10 Responses on “State Historical Museum to Feature RAGBRAI Exhibit this Summer

Sharon Cashman

January 22, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I won’t be able to attend the Expo, but I have a great story from RAGBRAI this summer, when I returned a lost item to a fellow RAGBRAI er

magic carpet

January 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a weblog site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright transparent idea

cheapest

March 2, 2013 at 3:38 am

What i don’t understood is actually how you are no longer actually a lot more smartly-preferred than you may be right now. You’re so
intelligent. You know therefore considerably relating to this subject, produced me in my
view believe it from a lot of various angles.

Its like women and men are not involved until it’s something to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always take care of it up!

iHome iD83BZC App Enhanced 30 Pin Speaker

March 16, 2013 at 2:11 am

I beloved as much as you’ll obtain carried out proper here. The caricature is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be turning in the following. unwell without a doubt come more formerly once more since exactly the same nearly a lot incessantly within case you protect this hike.

video chat

March 17, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Thank you for another informative blog. Where else may I am getting that type of information written in such an ideal approach? I have a mission that I’m simply now running on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

carpet , Carpets , Persian Carpet

March 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hello there, simply become aware of your blog via Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful when you proceed this in future. Numerous other folks might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

Minecraft Premium

July 21, 2013 at 7:44 am

If you want a Premium Minecraft Account check out this generator.

With it you can generate a unique Minecraft Premium Account which
no one else has! You can Download the Free Premium
Minecraft Account Generator http://www.minecraftfreakz.tk

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Rug - Rugs - Persian Rugs

August 9, 2013 at 1:50 am

I just could not go away your website before suggesting that I really loved the standard info an individual provide on your guests? Is going to be back often to inspect new posts

top blu ray players 2014

July 16, 2014 at 10:35 am

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is
added I get several emails with the same comment. Is there any
way you can remove people from that service? Appreciate it!

carlamdreams.edublogs.org

July 18, 2014 at 2:47 pm

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism
or copyright violation? My site has a lot of exclusive content
I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping
it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any solutions to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

• What to look for Wednesday on RAGBRAI

Wednesday has it all: a resort, John Karras, a rodeo bull.

• He retains rare record of riding every RAGBRAI

DECATUR CITY, Ia. — Jim Hopkins painstakingly pedaled uphill along Iowa Highway 2 and remarked that he couldn’t remember such a beautiful day on RAGBRAI. Considering that Hopkins, 83, has ridden ...

• Covered wagons paved the way into Garden Grove

The tiny community of Garden Grove is no stranger to mass caravans, but a covered wagon may be more appropriate than a carbon-frame road bike.

• Ice water plunge could pay big bucks

A giant steel tub of blue ice water drew a herd of cyclists in Mount Ayr Tuesday. Think bobbing for apples, except hurling your entire body through floating icebergs and beneath ...

• Patrol: Investigation into fatal bike crash to take a month; no charges yet

OSCEOLA — An investigation to determine whether any criminal charges should be filed in a vehicle-bicycle collision that killed a cyclist Sunday could take over a month, said Sgt. Nathan ...

• What to look for Tuesday on RAGBRAI

The third day of RAGBRAI 2016 concludes in this year's smallest overnight town.

• Riders share ghost encounters at ax-murder site

The crime was more than 100 years ago, but the spookiness remains.

• This RAGBRAI double rainbow brightened a day tinged with sadness

Many riders shared images of the rainbows.

• NPR's No Pie Refused carries on with just one fork

Politics beckons most of the members of you're-riding-with NPR, No Pie Refused.

• RAGBRAI's haircut king with a lizard on his head

"It's only hair, is how I've always put it," Joe Vize shrugged.

• Chris Wilson of Sunnyville, CA, is trying to play Pokemon Go on RAGBRAI 2016 but good cell service has been as hard to find as a wild Pikachu.

• Jim Hopkins of Windsor Heights, Ia., pedals on his 44th RAGBRAI.

• RAGBRAI bicyclists brave an icy water tank in the hopes of finding a colored ring to win $100 but also to raise money.

• Just an Iowa sunrise and bicyclists.

• Skies will stay mostly clear tonight Tuesday will be another mainly sunny day with highs in the mid to upper 80s. A few more clouds are expected on Wednesday as a shift in the pattern begins to take place.

• Walk through the campground and driveway where authorities say that RAGBRAI rider James Foley was hit and dragged in Shenandoah.

• RAGBRAI riders take a break from climbing hills to slide down one during the second day of of the annual ride across Iowa.

• Jacob Sikes of Kearney, Neb., stayed at the Villisca Axe Murder House several years ago. He's back for RAGBRAI -- despite the outcome of that initial visit.

• David Chivers, president of Register Media, grew up in Des Moines and says he's wanted to ride RAGBRAI since he was 12 or 13.

• Riders are greeted by bull riding and a unique bike sculpture in Corning, Iowa.