RAGBRAI XLV Countdown – July 23-29, 2017

State Historical Museum to Feature RAGBRAI Exhibit this Summer

Share RAGBRAI Stories and Artifacts with State Historical Museum at Iowa Bike Expo

The State Historical Museum of Iowa will be working in partnership with The Des Moines Register to develop a new exhibition called Riding Into History filled with artifacts, stories, photos and videos that truly reflect the cycling experience in Iowa.  The exhibit, opening in Summer 2013, will focus on Iowa’s rich bicycling history as well as everyone’s favorite bike ride, RAGBRAI!

History Biker will be at the Iowa Bicycle Expo on Saturday, January 26, meeting RAGBRAIers and recording stories!  Stop by the Riding Into History booth at the Expo and share your favorite story as well as learn how to share your RAGBRAI artifacts and photos with the State Historical Museum of Iowa!

Don’t forget to follow @historybiker on Twitter and like the project on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HistoryBiker  You can also e-mail her at HistoryBikerJess@gmail.com

10 Responses on “State Historical Museum to Feature RAGBRAI Exhibit this Summer

Sharon Cashman

January 22, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I won’t be able to attend the Expo, but I have a great story from RAGBRAI this summer, when I returned a lost item to a fellow RAGBRAI er

magic carpet

January 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a weblog site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright transparent idea

cheapest

March 2, 2013 at 3:38 am

What i don’t understood is actually how you are no longer actually a lot more smartly-preferred than you may be right now. You’re so
intelligent. You know therefore considerably relating to this subject, produced me in my
view believe it from a lot of various angles.

Its like women and men are not involved until it’s something to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always take care of it up!

iHome iD83BZC App Enhanced 30 Pin Speaker

March 16, 2013 at 2:11 am

I beloved as much as you’ll obtain carried out proper here. The caricature is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be turning in the following. unwell without a doubt come more formerly once more since exactly the same nearly a lot incessantly within case you protect this hike.

video chat

March 17, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Thank you for another informative blog. Where else may I am getting that type of information written in such an ideal approach? I have a mission that I’m simply now running on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

carpet , Carpets , Persian Carpet

March 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hello there, simply become aware of your blog via Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful when you proceed this in future. Numerous other folks might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

Minecraft Premium

July 21, 2013 at 7:44 am

If you want a Premium Minecraft Account check out this generator.

With it you can generate a unique Minecraft Premium Account which
no one else has! You can Download the Free Premium
Minecraft Account Generator http://www.minecraftfreakz.tk

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Rug - Rugs - Persian Rugs

August 9, 2013 at 1:50 am

I just could not go away your website before suggesting that I really loved the standard info an individual provide on your guests? Is going to be back often to inspect new posts

top blu ray players 2014

July 16, 2014 at 10:35 am

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is
added I get several emails with the same comment. Is there any
way you can remove people from that service? Appreciate it!

carlamdreams.edublogs.org

July 18, 2014 at 2:47 pm

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism
or copyright violation? My site has a lot of exclusive content
I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping
it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any solutions to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

• JustGoBike Podcast Episode 4: Bike Laws, Bike Events and Bike Towns, Oh My!

In this episode we talk with reporter Mackenzie Elmer of The Des Moines Register about cycling laws in Iowa and some of the bike accident and fatality cases she has ...

• RAGBRAI Guess the Route Contest Winners Announced!

Follow the link to find out the three winners of our 2017 Guess the Route Contest!

• Iowa C.O.P.S. Team Awarded RAGBRAI Rider Cup

The Iowa Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) bike team was awarded the prestigious RAGBRAI Rider Cup this weekend at the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party.

• Photos from the 2017 Route Announcement Party

A crowd took in treats and tunes before hearing which eight towns will be hosts this summer.

• RAGBRAI XLV: Take it easy, go north

The overnight towns for the 45th RAGBRAI have finally been revealed!

• Introducing the JustGoBike Podcast!

A weekly podcast on the culture of biking, cycling just for the fun of it, and tales from the #RAGBRAI Nation!

• RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party Tickets Still Available!

Where will RAGBRAI go in 2017? North? South? Central? Join us for the Route Announcement Party on Jan. 21 and find out!

• Gear up for RAGBRAI with Live Healthy Iowa’s 10 Week Wellness Challenge

A New Year is just around the corner! Plan for a healthy start in 2017 by taking part in the annual 10 Week Wellness Challenge! It’s a great ...

• Only 50 Days 'til the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party!

Join us as we reveal Iowa's biggest secret on January 21, 2017 at the Iowa Events Center in downtown Des Moines.

• Guess the Route Contest is Now Open for RAGBRAI XLV!

Do you think you can pick the eight overnight towns for RAGBRAI XLV? Enter the contest and see how close you come.

• Take a closer look at where the 2017 RAGBRAI route will go.

• T.J. Juskiewicz, RAGBRAI director, talks about the 2017 route after the announcement on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017.

• Watch a replay of the full RAGBRAI route announcement live show.

• A RAGBRAI icon Paul Bernhard aka \u0022Mr. Pork Chop\u0022 passed away November, 2016 and RAGBRAI Nation shared photos with Mr. Pork Chop on the ride through the years.

• The Bacoon Ride returns for its fourth year on the Raccoon River Trail on Saturday, June 17.

• From the creators of the Bacoon Ride comes the new ride for women, Pigtails at the Prairie Trail on Saturday, May 20.

• RAGBRAI director TJ Juskiewicz announces the overnight towns for RAGBRAI 2017.

• The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa will go north in 2017, starting in Orange City, ending in Lansing, and overnighting in six more Iowa towns along the way. It's rated the third-easiest RAGBRAI ever.

• Attendees at the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party joined in a mass \u0022pork chop\u0022 call in honor of ride legend Mr. Pork Chop, Paul Bernhard, who died last year.

• Just Go Bike is a weekly podcast that uses bikes to talk about the cool people who ride them. Tell your friends!