RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014

State Historical Museum to Feature RAGBRAI Exhibit this Summer

Share RAGBRAI Stories and Artifacts with State Historical Museum at Iowa Bike Expo

The State Historical Museum of Iowa will be working in partnership with The Des Moines Register to develop a new exhibition called Riding Into History filled with artifacts, stories, photos and videos that truly reflect the cycling experience in Iowa.  The exhibit, opening in Summer 2013, will focus on Iowa’s rich bicycling history as well as everyone’s favorite bike ride, RAGBRAI!

History Biker will be at the Iowa Bicycle Expo on Saturday, January 26, meeting RAGBRAIers and recording stories!  Stop by the Riding Into History booth at the Expo and share your favorite story as well as learn how to share your RAGBRAI artifacts and photos with the State Historical Museum of Iowa!

Don’t forget to follow @historybiker on Twitter and like the project on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HistoryBiker  You can also e-mail her at HistoryBikerJess@gmail.com

10 Responses on “State Historical Museum to Feature RAGBRAI Exhibit this Summer

Sharon Cashman

January 22, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I won’t be able to attend the Expo, but I have a great story from RAGBRAI this summer, when I returned a lost item to a fellow RAGBRAI er

magic carpet

January 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a weblog site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright transparent idea

cheapest

March 2, 2013 at 3:38 am

What i don’t understood is actually how you are no longer actually a lot more smartly-preferred than you may be right now. You’re so
intelligent. You know therefore considerably relating to this subject, produced me in my
view believe it from a lot of various angles.

Its like women and men are not involved until it’s something to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always take care of it up!

iHome iD83BZC App Enhanced 30 Pin Speaker

March 16, 2013 at 2:11 am

I beloved as much as you’ll obtain carried out proper here. The caricature is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be turning in the following. unwell without a doubt come more formerly once more since exactly the same nearly a lot incessantly within case you protect this hike.

video chat

March 17, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Thank you for another informative blog. Where else may I am getting that type of information written in such an ideal approach? I have a mission that I’m simply now running on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

carpet , Carpets , Persian Carpet

March 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hello there, simply become aware of your blog via Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful when you proceed this in future. Numerous other folks might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

Minecraft Premium

July 21, 2013 at 7:44 am

If you want a Premium Minecraft Account check out this generator.

With it you can generate a unique Minecraft Premium Account which
no one else has! You can Download the Free Premium
Minecraft Account Generator http://www.minecraftfreakz.tk

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Rug - Rugs - Persian Rugs

August 9, 2013 at 1:50 am

I just could not go away your website before suggesting that I really loved the standard info an individual provide on your guests? Is going to be back often to inspect new posts

top blu ray players 2014

July 16, 2014 at 10:35 am

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is
added I get several emails with the same comment. Is there any
way you can remove people from that service? Appreciate it!

carlamdreams.edublogs.org

July 18, 2014 at 2:47 pm

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism
or copyright violation? My site has a lot of exclusive content
I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping
it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any solutions to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• Video: RAGBRAIers 'show us (their) wheels'

We've asked RAGBRAI riders to "show us your wheels" and we got exactly what we asked for.

• Munson: Wednesday was so easy ...

I had an inkling that Wednesday was the easiest RAGBRAI day in history when I zoomed by the Mr. Pork Chop bus before 9 a.m. and rolled into Clear Lake ...

• What to look for Thursday

Here’s a quick look ahead toward Thursday’s 66-mile ride from Mason City to Waverly

• RAGBRAI rider plays guitar made from cigar box

Check out these two guys who brought some interesting guitars along for RAGBRAI.

• Video: How did Joe Sixpack get his nickname?

Ever heard of a beer columnist? Well RAGBRAI has! Hear what Donald 'Joe Sixpack' Russell has to say about being a beer reporter.

• 86-year-old world bicycling champ takes it easy on RAGBRAI

Carl Grove doesn't look like a world champion. He doesn't look 86 years old, either, but it's true.

• Native's kids visit Iowa for first time on RAGBRAI

Though 58-year-old Tom Murray is from Storm Lake, his kids, who live in China and Minnesota, had never visited the state.

• RAGBRAI riders visit Buddy Holly's last stop

RAGBRAI riders boogied on the dance floor with their decorated helmets and sweat-drenched shirts, as they visited the last place Buddy Holly played before he died in a plane crash ...

• Forest City starts cleanup, plans for more toilets next time

Cleanup is "a community effort," said Gary Ludwig, the chairman of Forest City RAGBRAI. "That's what RAGBRAI is about. Everyone does something."

• Lance Armstrong lost-bag tweet elicits disparaging responses

Lance Armstrong asked on Twitter Tuesday night for help finding a lost bag in Forest City. The replies included no sign of the bag, but plenty of jabs about Armstrong's ...

• RAGBRAI rolls through Nora Springs

• RAGBRAI riders show us their wheels.

• Beer columnist Don "Joe Sixpack" Russell from Philly rides his first RAGBRAI.

• Brian Denney and Gretchen Imhoff from Springfield, Ill., were married July 23 in Clear Lake in the middle of RAGBRAI.

• Team CUBS based in Chicago plays Kybo roulette for the first time in six years to raise money for Camp Courageous in Monticello.

• Rider Renee Dowlin gets help in a pinch from Dennis Kain of Boulevard Sports in Des Moines.

• Another beautiful day for Thursday but expect the humidity and warm temperatures to return to Central Iowa on Friday.

• Chuck Shropshire of Ventura Fire Department helps riders navigate through his town.

• Check out these two guys who brought some interesting guitars along for the RAGBRAI ride!

• The Des Moines Register Illustrator talks about his design for this year's fantastic RAGBRAI poster!