State Historical Museum to Feature RAGBRAI Exhibit this Summer

Share RAGBRAI Stories and Artifacts with State Historical Museum at Iowa Bike Expo

The State Historical Museum of Iowa will be working in partnership with The Des Moines Register to develop a new exhibition called Riding Into History filled with artifacts, stories, photos and videos that truly reflect the cycling experience in Iowa.  The exhibit, opening in Summer 2013, will focus on Iowa’s rich bicycling history as well as everyone’s favorite bike ride, RAGBRAI!

History Biker will be at the Iowa Bicycle Expo on Saturday, January 26, meeting RAGBRAIers and recording stories!  Stop by the Riding Into History booth at the Expo and share your favorite story as well as learn how to share your RAGBRAI artifacts and photos with the State Historical Museum of Iowa!

Don’t forget to follow @historybiker on Twitter and like the project on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HistoryBiker  You can also e-mail her at HistoryBikerJess@gmail.com

10 Responses on “State Historical Museum to Feature RAGBRAI Exhibit this Summer

Sharon Cashman

January 22, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I won’t be able to attend the Expo, but I have a great story from RAGBRAI this summer, when I returned a lost item to a fellow RAGBRAI er

magic carpet

January 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a weblog site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright transparent idea

cheapest

March 2, 2013 at 3:38 am

What i don’t understood is actually how you are no longer actually a lot more smartly-preferred than you may be right now. You’re so
intelligent. You know therefore considerably relating to this subject, produced me in my
view believe it from a lot of various angles.

Its like women and men are not involved until it’s something to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always take care of it up!

iHome iD83BZC App Enhanced 30 Pin Speaker

March 16, 2013 at 2:11 am

I beloved as much as you’ll obtain carried out proper here. The caricature is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be turning in the following. unwell without a doubt come more formerly once more since exactly the same nearly a lot incessantly within case you protect this hike.

video chat

March 17, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Thank you for another informative blog. Where else may I am getting that type of information written in such an ideal approach? I have a mission that I’m simply now running on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

carpet , Carpets , Persian Carpet

March 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hello there, simply become aware of your blog via Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful when you proceed this in future. Numerous other folks might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

Minecraft Premium

July 21, 2013 at 7:44 am

If you want a Premium Minecraft Account check out this generator.

With it you can generate a unique Minecraft Premium Account which
no one else has! You can Download the Free Premium
Minecraft Account Generator http://www.minecraftfreakz.tk

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Rug - Rugs - Persian Rugs

August 9, 2013 at 1:50 am

I just could not go away your website before suggesting that I really loved the standard info an individual provide on your guests? Is going to be back often to inspect new posts

top blu ray players 2014

July 16, 2014 at 10:35 am

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is
added I get several emails with the same comment. Is there any
way you can remove people from that service? Appreciate it!

carlamdreams.edublogs.org

July 18, 2014 at 2:47 pm

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism
or copyright violation? My site has a lot of exclusive content
I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping
it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any solutions to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

• RAGBRAI® XLIII Lost and Found

Do you recognize anything in this photo?  Several lost items were turned into us throughout the week including cell phones, keys, bike computers, eyewear and more.  All owners of wallets, ...

• 20 RAGBRAI photos: Blue skies and countrysides

• 15 RAGBRAI photos: Creative costumes of the ride

• 10 RAGBRAI photos: Not your average bikes

• 12 RAGBRAI photos: Dance it out

• 15 RAGBRAI photos: Catching the sunrise

• 15 RAGBRAI photos: The food

• 12 RAGBRAI photos: Getting wet and wild on the route

• 69 Photos: The best of RAGBRAI

• Another (adjective) RAGBRAI comes to a close

Davenport — This is the 43rd article about tire-dipping at the end of the Register’s 43rd Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa. So unless you’re new to Iowa or RAGBRAI, you ...

• "This is my gift to you guys," said pool owner Bud Henson whose house is right along the RAGBRAI route this year in Moscow, IA.

• First time RAGBRAI rider experiences Iowa on two wheels.

• All Ability Cycles gives bicycle rides to residents of the Hiawatha Care Center on Friday, July 24, 2015. The group gives rides to senior residents along the RAGBRAI route.

• Jabara the camel stole the show in Mount Vernon for RAGBRAI.

• DM Register scribes scarf more rhubarb cream pie than NPR!

• Tony Ron, of Fort Dodge, sells jewelry made of recycled bicycle spokes to pay for a flight and visa to Ecuador.

• Patty Ankrum explains a project in Mount Vernon to take advantages of the thousands of RAGBRAI cyclists passing through.

• Hundreds of riders flock to Team Google's complimentary charging tent set up in the RAGBRAI meetup town.

• Taking advantage of a creek that runs through Shellsberg, the Air Force RAGBRAI team held their own mini-triathlon to stay cool in the water.

• Massage therapist restoring riders' muscles