RAGBRAI news team

RAGBRAI iOS app puts the ride just a tap away

There are 10 days to go until RAGBRAI. Ten days to get familiar with RAGBRAI’s just-released app for iOS devices, stuffed with features to aid cyclists along their way — whether or not they have Internet access. The free app is available for download from the iTunes app store.

Take a guided video tour with RAGBRAI director T.J. Juskiewicz:

Here are some highlights:

MAPS FOR ANY SITUATION

Check your progress with Google maps showing your location; when there’s no signal, route maps are stored on your device for retrieval anytime.

OWN THE OVERNIGHT TOWNS

Link to entertainment listings, town websites and social media — and tap a button to bring up the weather forecast

PHOTO AND VIDEO GALLERIES

You can’t see everything. Catch up on highlights in constantly updated galleries — and you can also upload your own shots

16 Responses on “RAGBRAI iOS app puts the ride just a tap away

Ron

July 11, 2013 at 7:27 am

What about the Android version that accounts for 70% of global phones?

Jim

July 11, 2013 at 7:43 am

Heh..we don’t count. I have 5 android devices at home and honestly, I have friends converting to Android even though they are highly invested in iTunes.

We’ll see…they have a week..maybe they’ll bring us something.

Ron B

July 11, 2013 at 8:33 am

My first thought was we now will have even more riders looking at their phones instead of the road.

Profile photo of toadhead

toadhead

July 11, 2013 at 9:01 am

ANDROID?!?!

Snosecret

July 11, 2013 at 10:38 am

Seriously?!! iPhone only???

heather

July 11, 2013 at 10:44 am

I have android and have managed many years without staring at my cell phone all week. I feel a bit sorry for those who do. Please keep your eyes up!

Bob Spangle

July 11, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Really? What about the other 60% which are Android users? Oh, I guess they dont count.

Chaz

July 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Android? What about Windows Phone?

linda

July 11, 2013 at 8:57 pm

I can’t find the ragbrai app on my phone…what am I doing wrong

Kory

July 11, 2013 at 9:48 pm

To date, Android has 52% market share, compared to iOS at 41.9%. Why are you building for the minority?

Karl

July 13, 2013 at 4:34 pm

And no Android by Google, but good thing they are using Google maps!

Shalene

July 16, 2013 at 10:32 am

Apple only:( Its a great app but I am not taking my Ipad on my bike my phone is not an IPhone so bummed

Matthew

July 16, 2013 at 10:52 am

Please roll out an Android version before RAGBRAI. The crowd has spoken!

John

July 17, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Android just copies whatever the iPhone does, so there should be an Android app in a couple of years. 😛

Seriously riders, it’s nothing more than an iOS shell around the RAGBRAI website. Not a big deal. You can get the same information and maps by going to http://www.ragbrai.com on your smartphone. Or you can cry about being second class citizens. Your choice. :-)

classifieds, free ads, free classifieds

October 18, 2013 at 8:54 am

Its like you read my mind! You appear to grasp a lot approximately this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I feel that you simply can do with a few percent to drive the message house a bit, however other than that, this is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.

Cierra

January 28, 2014 at 6:41 am

Moalboal is a popular dive holiday destination in Island, Philippines.

Also visit my blog all inclusive resorts (Cierra)

• My RAGBRAI Story: An Inspirational Tale from a First Time RAGBRAIer

RAGBRAI XLIII was the culmination of a process that brought me from the edge of personal disaster to the brink of a new life. Just nineteen months ago I ...

• RAGBRAI Training: Reflections on RAGBRAI from a Training Perspective

RAGBRAI is over for another year. Congratulations on riding more than 400 miles in one week (or however many miles you rode). Not many people ever ride their ...

• Congratulations to Ben Behrends for Winning the RAGBRAI Kid's Art Contest

We would like to congratulate all the young artists throughout Iowa who drew, painted or scultured RAGBRAI masterpieces leading up to RAGBRAI. We hope you saw some of the ...

• RAGBRAI® XLIII Lost and Found

Do you recognize anything in this photo?  Several lost items were turned into us throughout the week including cell phones, keys, bike computers, eyewear and more.  All owners of wallets, ...

• 20 RAGBRAI photos: Blue skies and countrysides

• 15 RAGBRAI photos: Creative costumes of the ride

• 10 RAGBRAI photos: Not your average bikes

• 12 RAGBRAI photos: Dance it out

• 15 RAGBRAI photos: Catching the sunrise

• 15 RAGBRAI photos: The food

• "This is my gift to you guys," said pool owner Bud Henson whose house is right along the RAGBRAI route this year in Moscow, IA.

• First time RAGBRAI rider experiences Iowa on two wheels.

• All Ability Cycles gives bicycle rides to residents of the Hiawatha Care Center on Friday, July 24, 2015. The group gives rides to senior residents along the RAGBRAI route.

• Jabara the camel stole the show in Mount Vernon for RAGBRAI.

• DM Register scribes scarf more rhubarb cream pie than NPR!

• Tony Ron, of Fort Dodge, sells jewelry made of recycled bicycle spokes to pay for a flight and visa to Ecuador.

• Patty Ankrum explains a project in Mount Vernon to take advantages of the thousands of RAGBRAI cyclists passing through.

• Hundreds of riders flock to Team Google's complimentary charging tent set up in the RAGBRAI meetup town.

• Taking advantage of a creek that runs through Shellsberg, the Air Force RAGBRAI team held their own mini-triathlon to stay cool in the water.

• Massage therapist restoring riders' muscles