Wed, Jun 11, 2014 | by Scott GarnerShare
As the countdown to RAGBRAI week continues (38 days and counting), it’s time to share some pre-ride to-do items and reminders.
First, we were experiencing some technical difficulties on June 9 with our email system and you may have received some old automated emails from us. Please disregard these emails and we are sorry for any confusion they may have caused.
Our online registration is closed as of June 01. You can purchase day passes and non-rider wristbands on the ride. Vehicle passes are no longer available.
We are in the process of sending out all of the wristband packages. You should receive an email when your package is sent that will contain tracking information. Please be patient as we work through the thousands of packages that need to be mailed. Please check your shipment once you’ve received, and let us know right away if you are missing anything.
If you purchased weeklong rider credentials from a private sale, the new owner will need to transfer the wristbands to their name before the ride. Here is the link to our online transfer form.
Finally, if you haven’t already taken care of the following, you need to do so right away:
- Charter Service – reserve your spot with one of our charters, either for transportation to the start town, or service across the state.
- Housing – the overnight host towns will do their best to accommodate your request, but housing is not a guarantee. A wristband number is required when applying for housing. Only those who registered prior to the April 1 deadline will have a wristband number to use for applying for housing.
- Bike Shipping – contact High Country Shipping for bike and luggage shipping to the start town and from the ending town.
- Long Term Parking – reservations must be made in advance, and a wristband number is required to apply for long-term parking in either Rock Valley or Guttenberg.
- Airport Shuttles – service from/to area airports must be arranged in advance. Here is a list of companies providing airport shuttle service.
- Training – it is a shorter, more flat route this year, but having just completed the pre-ride, we can tell you that weather will still be a factor. Train for head winds and bad weather to make sure you have an enjoyable week.