RAGBRAI XLV Countdown – July 23-29, 2017

Route Announcement

RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party Tickets Still Available!

Ten days ’til we reveal the RAGBRAI XLV route!

Join us for an evening of fun, food, and the music of The Nadas … oh and we’ll tell Iowa’s biggest secret!!

The RAGBRAI Route Announcement party is January 21 starting at 7 PM – and we’re back in the ballroom at the Iowa Events Center! Tickets: iowabicyclecoalition.org/routeannouncement

8 Responses on “RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party Tickets Still Available!

Profile photo of Herman

Herman

January 13, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait to see the route for 2017. I bet it won’t surpass the elevation of 2016? Who says that Iowa is flat?

Profile photo of Penny

Penny

January 14, 2017 at 7:49 am

I agree with Herman…Iowa is NOT flat!!! Cant wait to sign up for this year!!
Penny

Profile photo of Adam

Adam

January 16, 2017 at 9:13 am

Anyone know if the route announcement will be streamed live somewhere?

Profile photo of Dave

Dave

January 16, 2017 at 10:13 am

alwaws streamed on THIS website.

Profile photo of Adam

Adam

January 16, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Sweet, thanks!

Profile photo of Mike

Mike

January 17, 2017 at 9:15 am

Dave, or anyone else do you know about what time the actual announcement will happen? I think the party starts at 7 but it seems that the announcement didn’t happen till much later. Maybe 9? I want to stream the announcement if possible.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Les

Les

January 18, 2017 at 10:32 am

Last year was my first Ragbrai ride. I was told by my Doctors not to do it. I have MS and heat is not my friend. My challenge was, can I endure the heat and how far can I make it. I made all 7 days, thanks to my incredible team and the Ragbrai team. Making sure that venders, the people along the route, and the cities we stayed at were well prepared for us, was an incredible undertaking by the Ragbrai Team. My team and I will be back every year from now on and promote it as one of the most fun rides we have been on.
Les Gatrel

Profile photo of Andrea

Andrea

January 18, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Just to confirm what was said above – the route announcement party will be streamed live from RAGBRAI.com starting at 8:30. The actual route is announced between 9 and 9:30. See you all in July!

• JustGoBike Podcast Episode 4: Bike Laws, Bike Events and Bike Towns, Oh My!

In this episode we talk with reporter Mackenzie Elmer of The Des Moines Register about cycling laws in Iowa and some of the bike accident and fatality cases she has ...

• RAGBRAI Guess the Route Contest Winners Announced!

Follow the link to find out the three winners of our 2017 Guess the Route Contest!

• Iowa C.O.P.S. Team Awarded RAGBRAI Rider Cup

The Iowa Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) bike team was awarded the prestigious RAGBRAI Rider Cup this weekend at the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party.

• Photos from the 2017 Route Announcement Party

A crowd took in treats and tunes before hearing which eight towns will be hosts this summer.

• RAGBRAI XLV: Take it easy, go north

The overnight towns for the 45th RAGBRAI have finally been revealed!

• Introducing the JustGoBike Podcast!

A weekly podcast on the culture of biking, cycling just for the fun of it, and tales from the #RAGBRAI Nation!

• RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party Tickets Still Available!

Where will RAGBRAI go in 2017? North? South? Central? Join us for the Route Announcement Party on Jan. 21 and find out!

• Gear up for RAGBRAI with Live Healthy Iowa’s 10 Week Wellness Challenge

A New Year is just around the corner! Plan for a healthy start in 2017 by taking part in the annual 10 Week Wellness Challenge! It’s a great ...

• Only 50 Days 'til the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party!

Join us as we reveal Iowa's biggest secret on January 21, 2017 at the Iowa Events Center in downtown Des Moines.

• Guess the Route Contest is Now Open for RAGBRAI XLV!

Do you think you can pick the eight overnight towns for RAGBRAI XLV? Enter the contest and see how close you come.

• Take a closer look at where the 2017 RAGBRAI route will go.

• T.J. Juskiewicz, RAGBRAI director, talks about the 2017 route after the announcement on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017.

• Watch a replay of the full RAGBRAI route announcement live show.

• A RAGBRAI icon Paul Bernhard aka \u0022Mr. Pork Chop\u0022 passed away November, 2016 and RAGBRAI Nation shared photos with Mr. Pork Chop on the ride through the years.

• The Bacoon Ride returns for its fourth year on the Raccoon River Trail on Saturday, June 17.

• From the creators of the Bacoon Ride comes the new ride for women, Pigtails at the Prairie Trail on Saturday, May 20.

• RAGBRAI director TJ Juskiewicz announces the overnight towns for RAGBRAI 2017.

• The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa will go north in 2017, starting in Orange City, ending in Lansing, and overnighting in six more Iowa towns along the way. It's rated the third-easiest RAGBRAI ever.

• Attendees at the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party joined in a mass \u0022pork chop\u0022 call in honor of ride legend Mr. Pork Chop, Paul Bernhard, who died last year.

• Just Go Bike is a weekly podcast that uses bikes to talk about the cool people who ride them. Tell your friends!