If you’re flying to RAGBRAI, or don’t want the hassle of lugging your bike and baggage to the starting point, we encourage you to ship your bike and luggage directly to RAGBRAI. The following companies are independent of The Des Moines Register and RAGBRAI officials. They have been sanctioned by The Des Moines Register and RAGBRAI to provide bike and luggage shipping to the start town and back from the end town. All arrangements are made between you and the shipping company and do not involve The Des Moines Register and RAGBRAI Officials.
ONLY REGISTERED RIDERS WITH PARTICIPANT CREDENTIALS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SERVICE.
SENDMYBIKE.com has been serving RAGBRAI riders since 2010, offering full-service bike and luggage shipping at great prices. The owners have been on RAGBRAI as riders and charter operators for more than 30 years. They know RAGBRAI.
Go to SENDMYBIKE.com to calculate your shipping price and order shipping labels. By all means, compare their rates to other RAGBRAI shippers. In July, bike-shippers can drop off their packaged bike at the nearest FedEx retail location or arrange home pick-up. SENDMYBIKE.com will mail your labels in advance and you’ll receive automated emails regarding your shipment on its way to Iowa.
Before and after RAGBRAI, find them at the RAGBRAI EXPO in the start town and at the end-town river location. They will also be in the campsites of Pork Belly Ventures RAGBRAI Charter.
3 Options for Assembling Your Shipped Bicycle Prior to RAGBRAI:
- $50 Pre-Assembly—No waiting in line for bike assembly. Your bike is road-ready when you arrive to claim it.
- Assembly at Expo—claim your shipped bike and have Letsches Bike Shop assemble it. For more on Letsches, see the Bike Shops page on RAGBRAI.com.
- FREE Assembly Assistance from Bike Mechanics on Saturday—provided for those riders on Pork Belly Ventures’ Weeklong Support
4 Options for Shipping Your Bike Home After RAGBRAI:
- $50 Hand Off—your bike is boxed and shipped by professional mechanics, entering the FedEx system by Friday after RAGBRAI.
- $60 Hand Off—your bike is boxed and shipped by professional mechanics, entering the FedEx system by Tuesday after RAGBRAI.
- In the end town, Harpers Bike Shop can package your bike for shipping.
- In the end town, claim your shipping container and package the bike for shipping yourself.
Storage of Bike Case or Box
- No additional charge for bike case or bike box storage.
For more information, visit SENDMYBIKE.com, or call Pete at 402-681-2613.
Save on airline baggage fees and use Raceday’s discounted UPS shipping. We can ship your bike directly to your hotel or deliver it directly to the event site.
- Domestic U.S. and Canada Shipping – Click here to request a Raceday Box & Ship Form.
- Need assistance assembling your bike pre-race and post-race? Ask about our Event Services Bundle where you can utilize Raceday’s mechanic services at the event.
With Raceday’s Fully-Assembled option, there’s no need for bike boxes or bike disassembly whatsoever. Just drop it off at one of our activated bike shops and Raceday will transport your bike directly to our staging area near the event finish line.
- You will have full access to our mechanics, bike pumps, and work stations to prepare your bike for Ragbrai event.
To book your bike transport today and for more information, contact Karin at email@example.com or call 916.778.7473.
Find more information on Raceday Transport by clicking here.