Forums

Forums Categories

Members

2013 weather prediction

(19 posts) (13 voices)
Started 1 year, 10 months ago ago by tjdale
Latest reply from coloradoshortbus 1 year, 10 months ago ago

TGIMerv
  • Perfect, just like last year, less the headwind and the Marshalltown storm.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #469396

Ed Kanitra
  • I believe that all this “hot weather” talk is something made up by the citizens of Iowa and previous RAGBRAI riders to discourage new out of staters from showing up. If the weather was really as bad as people are making it sound would 20,000 really show up to ride a bicycle across the state? I predict the weather is going to be in the upper 60′s lower 70′s with a nice tail wind.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #469406

HillsAngels1
  • Ed your world is so nice :-P But I’ll take it over the last two years

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #469409

jwsknk
  • highs between 80 and 100, lows 50 to 70, a day with the wind from the wrong direction, a really humid day, and a really bad day followed by rain and a nice day.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #469602

Michrider
  • JWS, love your prediction! I’ll add one day with cold beer!!!

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #469604

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Ed, if you look at the way RAGBRAI is ridden today and compare that to some of the old pics and videos of how it was ridden back during its first ten or fifteen years, you’ll notice a lot more creature comforts on the ride these days — specifically the RVs along with the ride and the use of host homes at the overnight.  Granted that these things don’t make the ride itself any cooler, but if one knows that one has a cool dry place with running water and flush toilets (sorry, Amanda!) waiting for them at the end of the day a person can tolerate the discomfort a little easier.

-”BB”-

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #469608

Michrider
  • Yeah Beebs, come to Iowa and ride with us this year! I’ll buy the first beer!!!! :roll: :roll:

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #469715

jsm
  • I predict weather, and lots of it. “Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.” George Carlin. What he omitted was light periods of pie eating with scattered corn and pork chops followed by doses of Kurb Beer until the cycle starts over again.

Ride on!

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #470204

thangamalang
  • I predict a 100% chance of weather. Remember, it’s not the heat it’s the humility!

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #470230

Michrider
  • thangamalang:
    I predict a 100% chance of weather. Remember, it’s not the heat it’s the humility!

Humility on RAGBRAI???? That would be a first!!! :roll:

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #470383

Jboz
  • The weather will depend entirely on what I pack. If I bring tons of raingear, it will be dry as a bone. If I bring no raingear, it will be a 7 day downpour. On RAGBRAI XL, I brought plenty of cold weather apparel just in case…and we all know how that worked out.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #470564

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy