RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

2014 logo

(17 posts) (7 voices)
Started 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago by jwsknk
Latest reply from jwsknk 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago

jwsknk
  • what do people think, Corney? are there clues in the points? Onawa, Ida Grove, Pocahontas, Clear lake, Waverly, West Union, Manchester, Belleview?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar of jwsknk jwsknk.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #646422

iceman
  • Since it’s clear we won’t get an East to West route anytime during my lifetime, I had hoped we would at least get:
    Le Mars
    Sibley
    Emmetsburg
    Forest City
    Osage
    Decorah
    West Union
    Guttenberg

I think, however, the points on the corn plant may indicate we’re going to get another “traditional” route and jwsknk may be correct. Going “up” from Onawa and then eventually “down” to Bellevue. If that’s the case, why don’t they just rent out I-80 for the week? I hope this is just a silly coincidence. I’ve never really bought into the subtle points of the logo stuff. Well, there’s always GRAGAAWR.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #646653

Griff9of9
  • I don’t know anything about the hints that might come from the logo but if you are right about them then instead of Bellevue Could it not be Camanche? Camanche would be a new ending town and has a new city administrator that has worked in other towns that have hosted RAGBRIA. Don’t know his whole story but Camanche did put in a request to host.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #646938

Sandaltan
  • I was thinking ducks would be good, they are popular right now. Oh well…let it be corn, but something better next year.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #646989

iceman
  • Sure, Camanche is possible. I’m not an Iowa resident so I’m not familiar with ingress and egress to/from Camanche to any nearby major highways but it seems they (the DMR) look pretty closely at that but I guess Camanche is not worried.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #646990

Michrider
  • Sandaltan: I was thinking ducks would be good, they are popular right now. Oh well…let it be corn, but something better next year.

Corn? Camanche? I never heard of Camanche!!!! How are the Kurbs????

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #649931

gregonline
  • I thought this was a post about the new logo??? How did we get to ” Camanche? I never heard of Camanche!!!! How are the Kurbs????” and ducks.
    This years logo is not a home run but I have seen worse.
    262 days and counting.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #649959

jwsknk
  • Camanche is the south side of Clinton. of course the conspiricy theory could be wrong and the plant isn’t pointing out the overnight towns. But 8 points, 8 towns??? now how many chain links, 42? better count then i guess. 42? should be dolphins in the logo. So long, and thanks for all the fish

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #649998

Michrider
  • jwsknk: Camanche is the south side of Clinton. of course the conspiricy theory could be wrong and the plant isn’t pointing out the overnight towns. But 8 points, 8 towns??? now how many chain links, 42? better count then i guess. 42? should be dolphins in the logo. So long, and thanks for all the fish

Yeah, that explains it Sherlock! Now what about the 2 screws and 3 stars????

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #650027

iceman
  • Three stars & two screws means you have to drink 3 Lone Star Beers per day plus two screwdrivers.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #650179

Michrider
  • Never tried Lone Star beer! They don’t sell that Texas stuff down here in my Kaintucky Holler!!!!!

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #650181

Sandaltan
  • Lone Star???? Ick! On the last trip south I had a Rahr & Sons beer called “Ugly Pug”, a black lager….pretty good. I tried that Lone Star out some years back and it was a no-go.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #650182

Sandaltan
  • Back to the logo; after 40 plus years something new is tough to come up with so maybe Iowa birds next year and I’m tellin ya those ducks are what’s happenin right now. So how about barnyard birds, chickens, ducks, guinea hens, geese and turkeys???

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #650183

mootsman
  • As long as this is the logo thread, what are your favorite 2 logos (by year). Mine was 2008′s water tower followed by 2011′s bicycle.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar of mootsman mootsman.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #650541

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy