Forums

Forums Categories

Members

2014 RAGBRAI

(27 posts) (17 voices)
Started 1 year, 2 months ago ago by Gallagher
Latest reply from Ragbrai Nation 1 year, 2 months ago ago

Ken
  • Hi Tom, Welcome to another CT RAGBRAI rider. Although originally from IA, I have lived in CT for the last 30 years. Did my first RAGBRAI at 66, I’m 70 now and planning to ride again next year. But my CT days are numbered, I’m moving to SC this fall.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #553931

Sandaltan
  • Beebs is correct, no Marquette, McGregor or Lansing for the reasons he has given.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #555560

jwsknk
  • The run from Waukon to Lansing would be so cool. But, there is no way 10-12000 people could fish up there and dip. Traffic would be a complete cluster. But that long downhill run would be so fun.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #555907

Skrad2311
  • I’m looking to join a team in the Omaha-Council Bluffs area for 2014. I’ve done RAGBRAI 3 times on my own or with friends, and each time it has been a logistical nightmare with rides and sags. I know its early, but hit me up if your team has space.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #556074

Pdiddly
  • Has RAGBRAI ever done an extreme SW corner to NE cornor route? How about that? That would make Cedar Falls/Waterloo the go to big city for next year.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #556724

Clayhill
  • I don’t want to say the start and end towns are “predictable” but with so many RAGBRAI’s having occurred, we now have about all of the suitable start and end towns identified and you can rule out many of them simply because they were last used in the past five or so years.

So, as I said on another thread, I’d like to go back to Rock Rapids but I’m guessing it will be LeMars for the start town. End town is probably Guttenberg. Long and flat and north.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #556997

TexasBikeKahuna
  • Rock Rapids to start. Bellevue to end. It just fits with historical timeline.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #562054

Let it Snow
  • Rock Rapids to Bellevue, that would be 1999 all over again. Hopefully without the heat. It would be motivation for me to get into better shape. My first RAGBRAI and I have not been in as good of shape since that ride.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #562681

jeffreydennis
  • After not riding in 2013, I don’t care where the route goes as long as it’s in Iowa.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #567703

Ragbrai Nation
  • “The run from Waukon to Lansing would be so cool. But, there is no way 10-12000 people could fish up there and dip. Traffic would be a complete cluster. But that long downhill run would be so fun.”

——————————————————————————–
    I think the end town of McGregor, IA could be considered if Prairie du Chien, WI was used to pick up riders as they got ready to head home. This would better utilize routes and passthrough communities that couldn’t before be considered on the last day or even the last two days of Ragbrai.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #581512

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy