Join Us in July - Register Today!

25 yrs-for Tender Tom's Turkey

Tender Tom’s Turkey will be celebrating 25 years on RAGBRAI this year- Serving our hand make marinated turkey fillet- smoked drums-real strawberry, banana smoothies and more- Watch for our signs along the road
Tender Tom

10 Replies

Sandaltan ., July 8, 2012 at 9:54 am

Thanks Tom!! That turkey fillet really hits the spot.

RIDE RIGHT

Anonymous, July 9, 2012 at 11:14 am

will you be setting up in each town? or just some?

History Biker, July 9, 2012 at 11:21 am

Tender Tom-

Sounds great! I’ll be looking forward to a turkey fillet and documenting your existence on the ride! At the end of the week, would you have one of your roadside signs that I could have as an artifact for the State Historical Museum?

-Jess

Follow me on Twitter @historybiker and like me on Facebook: History Biker – for updates on a new exhibit at the State Historical Museum of Iowa: Forty Years of Fun! I’ll be on RAGBRAI, interviewing riders and looking for YOUR story!

tendertom, July 14, 2012 at 3:35 am

christineredfield: will you be setting up in each town? or just some?

We will be out every day-will be in the town of Nemaha on Monday, Springville and Anamosa Friday- the other days we will be out in the country-watch for our signs we will have several each day
Thanks
Tender Tom

tendertom, July 14, 2012 at 3:37 am

History Biker: Tender Tom-Sounds great! I’ll be looking forward to a turkey fillet and documenting your existence on the ride! At the end of the week, would you have one of your roadside signs that I could have as an artifact for the State Historical Museum?-JessFollow me on Twitter @historybiker and like me on Facebook: History Biker – for updates on a new exhibit at the State Historical Museum of Iowa: Forty Years of Fun! I’ll be on RAGBRAI, interviewing riders and looking for YOUR story!

Stop and talk with me I may be able to donate one sign

jeffreydennis, July 14, 2012 at 8:07 am

Those smoothies have saved me more than once

Drew Fayram, July 15, 2012 at 12:45 am

My first RAGBRAI, when I was 9 years old, I vividly remember sharing a Tender Tom’s Turkey Leg with my dad! What a great memory! Thanks for your service Tom, and thanks for being SOOOOOO tender! ;)

oscar, July 15, 2012 at 8:06 am

This will be my 4th RAGBRAI and I’ve had Tender Tom’s each year and plan on having some again this year. It is DELICIOUS!

tendertom, July 16, 2012 at 7:07 pm

jeffreydennis: Those smoothies have saved me more than once

Thank you very good for that comment!!! As you know our specialty is our marinated turkey fillet. However about 15 years, ago we had people asking about smoothies. I told my son Brian- (soon to be Tender Tom) if we are going to do smoothies we have to do it (with excellences’) real ingredients- we can only do one smoothie-real strawberry and banana=real stuff with excellences’. I really have to laugh at all the wana-beeeeees out trying to copy us.
Tender Tom

tendertom, July 16, 2012 at 7:09 pm

jeffreydennis: Those smoothies have saved me more than once

Thank you very good for that comment!!! As you know our specialty is our marinated turkey fillet. However about 15 years, ago we had people asking about smoothies. I told my son Brian- (soon to be Tender Tom) if we are going to do smoothies we have to do it (with excellences’) real ingredients- we can only do one smoothie-real strawberry and banana=real stuff with excellences’. I really have to laugh at all the wana-beeeeees out trying to copy us.
Tender Tom

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters