RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

A fairly scary jerk in action

(11 posts) (6 voices)
Started 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago by iceman
Latest reply from Michrider 4 months ago ago

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Nobody ever said being a cyclist was going to be easy.
    They also never said it was going to be *THIS* hard.
    Being from Texas, I suppose we should be thankful this escapee from the old folk’s home didn’t pull out a pistol.  Too bad someone didn’t have a can of pepper spray handy.

-”BB”-

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #644447

SFC JKL2
  • On our rides, someone would have been packing. We would live on while marylander becomes another roadkill statistic.

I will guarantee the truck would not have escaped unharmed if I was there.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #644506

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Truth be told, SFC, this was the best way this could have gone down.  On video, with the guy being a total jerk to a bunch of non-threatening people (nobody was within ten feet of him, as best I could tell).  I’m sure at least one or more of the people had full details (including license plate) of the hothead and his truck, and his final act of driving over the bike — again, with no one anywhere near him — just drives one more nail into the coffin.

I’m sure the guy whose bike got mashed will disagree with this, but in the long run no one got hurt, the scumbag got arrested, and after the lawsuit is settled the guy will end up with a new bike courtesy of the old fart (you know his insurance company ain’t gonna fork over nothing).

-”BB”-

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #644523

SFC JKL2
  • All’s well that ends well. (except for the guy who got run over).

I still would have given him a parting shot.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #644526

jwsknk
  • at least someone in the group had video running. everybody need to be gopro or something like that equiped before too long?

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #644925

iceman
  • SFC – the problem with “packin” is that when you pull out a gun, you had better be ready to use it. These kinds of people are intolerant, to say the least, of most everyone and everything. I’d bet he had a gun in his truck, but even if he did not, he had a 4000 pound weapon (his truck) and looked just crazy enough to use it. Pulling a gun on him would have provoked it.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #644981

SFC JKL2
  • iceman-

A gun wouldn’t have been needed in that situation. He brought a baseball bat for us to use.

I’ll agree he probably had a gun in the truck.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago ago #646923

zabo
  • The problem is that you can lose control of your weapon when you are knocked down by a nut like this, especially when you are unconscious…but let’s stay away from this topic altogether please since we know how passions can arise. I acknowledge your point.

There are a lot of idiots on the road. My sister was grabbed by a guy riding on the passenger side of a car while the car accelerated, pulling her along a VERY busted up and irregular pavement. Fortunately and amazingly, she maintained her balance and (also fortunately) I didn’t catch up with them. I have had bottles thrown at me every other year (sounds like a ritual for being so routine), people coming up from behind and slamming on their brakes to scare me, etc. That is why I moved away from the NYC suburbs. This is only one reason why I get upset when people trash Iowa for not being like NY. I have not had a single issue like the ones I have described with Iowa drivers.

Motorists sometimes get upset for good reason and they seem to save their resentment and prejudice for future use. The problem exists on both sides, and education (probably through advocacy) is the answer.

Posted 4 months, 1 week ago ago #693901

zabo
  • BTW: one of the scariest aspects of the video is that the guy got out of the car when so many riders were there. He wanted someone to throw a punch so that he could whack them.

Posted 4 months, 1 week ago ago #693902

Michrider
  • Beware a redneck, carrying a big stick!!!!

Posted 4 months ago ago #697693

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy