Clubs, Teams & Charters
B and M Express (0, 0), Dtakushi (0, 0), Dtakushi (0, 0), Gourmet (0, 0), Grinnell Bike Club (0, 0), Hawkeye Bicycle Association (0, 0), Hills Angels (0, 0), Hills Angels (0, 0), JS2 (0, 0), JS2 (0, 0), LoKe Bicycles (0, 0), LoKe Bicycles (0, 0), Pedal Faster (1, 0), Pour Me Another (0, 0), Reddy to ride (0, 0), Reddy to ride (0, 0), Tall Dog Bike Club (0, 0), Team Buffalo (0, 0), Texas Tumbleweeds (1, 0), Trillium Dell (0, 0), Virg (0, 0), Warriors On Course (1, 0)
A Farewell to RAGBRAI
I am doing GRABAAWR for a change of pace after doing the last six RAGBRAI’s. It’s been (mostly) a blast.
Five things I will miss about RAGBRAI:
1. The people of Iowa. I have nothing but good to say about 99% of the natives I met.
2. The sheer spectacle. The RAGBRAI crowd has no equal when it comes to people watching.
3. Pulling into a town and getting cheered on by families in lawn chairs. It doesn’t get much better than that.
4. Getting doused by a garden hose on a 95 degree day. Almost makes you miss shade trees.
5. Hosts that go above-and-beyond the call of duty and really make you feel at home.
Five things I will not miss about RAGBRAI:
1. Pace lines. Dangerous and unnecessary. The ride is supposed to be an individual achievement, not a team sport.
2. Strangers who draft me without permission. (see #1 above)
3. The thunderstorms/tornadoes. One of these years there will be carnage.
4. Trains. Especially the ones who feel they are not loud enough on their own and feel the need to blow a whistle at 3AM.
5. People clanking tent poles and stakes at 5AM. It’s not a race, folks. Get a little sleep and you’ll have a much better time. As will the rest of us.
The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLI – 2013’ is closed to new topics and replies.