Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Any Ruptured Achilles Riders?

(3 posts) (3 voices)
Started 1 year, 8 months ago ago by Jack in VA
Latest reply from nlmatt 1 year, 8 months ago ago

Jack in VA
  • I was SOOOO looking forward to this years ride – this would have been my 14th, and riding through my old stomping grounds was going to be so cool.
    That all changed in an instant while snowboarding last month – I took a little tumble on the mountain and completely separated my left Achilles tendon. I’ve already been through surgery to repair it, but the recovery for this is going to be a LONG and SLOW process. Unfortunately, RAGBRAI will not be a part of my physical therapy – this year.

I’m curious if there are any other cyclists out there who have had partial or complete AT separation, and how you are doing afterwards. I’m in my 1st week of recovery and need a little emotional boosting up. I will also need it again in July while you all are out there enjoying yourselves (unless it’s 100 plus degrees again like LAST summer – then I’ll be sitting at home in the pool).

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #483576

Sandaltan
  • Sorry to hear this, I would have been watching for your orange fixie. Hope to see you in 2014.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #483626

nlmatt
  • I can feel the pain. I had a partial AT separation and it took a good 6 months before it stopped hurting. That being said my ortho doc thought biking would be a good low impact exercise. That was my trigger to begin biking I have done 6 RAGBRAIs since then. Follow your doctor/physical therapist instructions. Stay active and good luck.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #483649

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy