• Profile picture of Craig
    active 2 minutes ago
  • Profile picture of Jon
    active 2 minutes ago
  • Profile picture of Lauri
    active 3 minutes ago
  • Profile picture of dan
    active 4 minutes ago

anyone else keep track of the rides they have done?

(10 posts) (9 voices)
Started 1 week, 2 days ago by jwsknk
Latest reply from jwsknk 4 days, 12 hours ago

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jim jwsknk 4 days, 12 hours ago.

null My 35 years worth of routes on 1 map. And finally the last county this year! Allamakee!. Red are overnight or start/finish towns. Blue dots pass through. Now what? sleep in every county? fill in some of the other big holes (west central Onawa to Harlan? Missouri Valley to Denison?)

• Profile photo of jim
    jwsknk
  • null My 35 years worth of routes on 1 map. And finally the last county this year! Allamakee!. Red are overnight or start/finish towns. Blue dots pass through. Now what? sleep in every county? fill in some of the other big holes (west central Onawa to Harlan? Missouri Valley to Denison?)

Posted 1 week, 2 days ago ago #1232969

• Profile photo of William
    W Fanning
  • Very impressive…this is my first.. wish I could of done it years ago.. been on my radar for 30 years.. this is my year..

Posted 1 week, 2 days ago ago #1233123

• Profile photo of Al
    @Trykeman
  • I’ve only done 4 rides but they are charted on a map just like yours.

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago ago #1233307

• Profile photo of Lewis
    T. Gap Woo
  • I use an Iowa DoT map for each Ragbrai. I highlight the route, indicating the overnight and pass-through towns. I affix patches, wrist/bike bands, license plate, elevation charts, handouts/brochures from each town, photos of tire dips and anything else that relates to the ride. Most of the map is covered, but the route is plainly visible. I put the whole shebang in a 2′ x 3′ picture frame and hang it on the wall in my exercise room. During these cold winter months, I can relive the memories of those fun times while riding my CycleOps trainer. Maybe one of these days I’ll take a spare Iowa map and color in the counties where I’ve ridden; it ought to be really colorful!

Winter won’t last forever, despite the nasty blizzard we just had. Can we save some of the snow and cold for this summer?

See you along the I-O-Way in July.

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago ago #1233322

• Profile photo of WILLIAM
    Sandaltan
  • I wonder if any of those low use roads have been reverted to gravel. We have ran into this once, a previously hard surfaced road and marked as such on the map but lately returned to gravel. Very large gravel in that one instance. It caused a great deal of grumbling by the team and some unkind words directed at the route-picker-outer and even his mother.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago ago #1233477

• Profile photo of jake d
    jake d
  • Nice map Skunky. I have a similar version hanging on the wall of my ‘Man Cave’. Yours has a cleaner look, and mine…, we’ll say is more colorful.
    I only have 27 routes on mine, but like you, I’m jacked about crossing off
    #99 Allamakee County from my RAGBRAI list this year.

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago ago #1233839

• Profile photo of R-Daryl
    R-Daryl Daryl
  • Impressive. I did something similar about a month ago. Would have to build the map from XLV back to determine the fewest consecutive riding years to hit all 99 counties.

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago ago #1233863

• Profile photo of Mike
    mclousing
  • Definitely not as cool as the old school map, but if you use strava you can use view your all time heat map, shows everywhere I went biking and looks really cool for quickly identifying the ragbrai routes that I have been on.

Posted 1 week ago ago #1234053

• Profile photo of lawrence
    knees36
  • This will be my 34th year on the ride (but Ihave not completed some of the rides) and I started doing a map like that for the first few years. Wish I would have kept it current like you did it. Congrats on your many RAG’s and your cool project.

Posted 4 days, 23 hours ago ago #1235887

• Profile photo of jim
    jwsknk
  • looks like 8 counties without the red dot. These need overnight stops, too bad they are spread all over. this is going to take more than next years ride. Hancock, Chickasaw, Pocahontas, Butler, Grundy, Guthrie, Ringgold, Wayne

Posted 4 days, 12 hours ago ago #1236177

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy