Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Bar Guide 2013

(48 posts) (20 voices)
Started 1 year, 4 months ago ago by Wonder Woman
Latest reply from Bill from Panora 1 year, 3 months ago ago

SFC JKL2
  • Our ride today had a free beer sign before one of the the rest stops. Turns out someone thought it was a joke. Some people just don’t get it…

I don’t understand the looks I get because I have a stereo on my bike and wear sandals. Cleats on sandals, what will they think of next?

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #521091

Sandaltan
  • They just don’t get it in the Peach State SFC. I have done one BRAG and I know exactly why you scratch your head and wonder about those bikers. Maybe it is the fire ants.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #521205

• Avatar of Dallas Center RAGBRAI Committee
    Dallas Center RAGBRAI Committee
  • The Longest Yard will have a beer garden in Dallas Center. The bar will be hosting professional entertainment “Midget Wrestling”.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #521380

Punky
  • Thanks to those who put together the Bar Guide! Our Team puts them to good use every year! :-)

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #522278

Wonder Woman
  • Taking notes. Thanks everyone. The waitress at the Longest Yard told me about the midget wrestling, they are trying to plan a good time at both of their locations, Dallas Center (with the town beer garden and midget wrestling) and Valley Junction, where the area and the bars are really hoping to entertain everyone (only a few miles to the end of the day after that). Feel free to have bar owners contact us so we are sure to get them on the list, and we have the bar owners survival guide that Team Cockroach, and some others have developed, which will help them.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #522544

jligou
  • There’s a bar in Council Bluffs near Mid America Center that will be having bands and drink specials on that Saturday night: Lighthouse Lounge, address is 401 Veterans Memorial Hwy. Council Bluffs, IA 51501. Great RAGBRAI bar.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #525283

Joannie Hill
  • I just want to know, how do we get a bar guide?

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #525409

Zinger
  • The guide will be available for download next week. We will also be handing them out on the ride. Just look for the bright green Brewhaha jerseys!

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #525763

Ariane Criger
  • I’m not sure if this is the correct place to get you information, but we’d love to be included in the Bar Guide! Please contact us for more information.

515 Brewing Company
    7700 University Ave, Suite C, Clive
    http://www.515brewing.com

Join us Tuesday as you ride into Des Moines for Iowa-crafted beer and specialty tacos by Tacopocalypse! We’re conveniently located right on the Greenbelt Trail and have lots of indoor/outdoor space. We’ll be open from 10am-11pm.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #527123

Wonder Woman
  • I sent you an email and a PM Ariane Criger. We would be happy to put in you in the guide if you are going to provide us with a fun time.
    I am not planning on listing many of the bars in DMS because there are so many everyone should have no problem. Listing some that are near the route and campground area. Not finding much of anything unfortunately from DMS until Runnels the next day.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #528106

Wonder Woman
  • Also, if anyone has any info on anything from Fremont to Fairfield (Hedrick, Martinsburg, Packwood), we have found nothing for 23 miles.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #528110

Ken
  • Hello Riders,

Just a “shout out” that Confluence Brewing Company in Des Moines will be having a big Bike Rider Celebration all day, July 23rd! Stop in and have some great, tasty and fresh beer made here from one of 9 taps! We will have a beer garden, and nice air conditioning inside! We are located right on the bike trail between Water Works Park and downtown. Look for our deck and sign facing Gray’s Lake! Cheers!

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #528231

jwsknk
  • Well Minnesota, I can’t think of any along the route from the fairgrounds to runnells

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #528307

Wonder Woman
  • Had Confluence listed, now have the details in, thank you. Thanks everyone for your help so far. We are nearing completion and are sure we are missing some things that are “off the grid” that will turn up. Hopefully in a few days we will have it. Lot of towns that have nothing as far as we can find. Some are planning wonderful celebrations. If you think of anything we may have missed, let me know. Guide will be out soon.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #528456

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy