RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Boston RAGBRAI Training?

(6 posts) (6 voices)
Started 1 year, 5 months ago ago by Keith
Latest reply from WWORKS 1 year, 2 months ago ago

Keith
  • Anyone in the Boston area training for RAGBRAI? My wife and I are looking for people to train with, then ride with during the event.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #471366

Dean
  • I most likely won’t be to train with you. I live in central NH. But if you ever in this area we could do some rides together. I would be willing to come down and ride sometime. Would you be interested in driving to Iowa together?

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #471956

Joe B
  • Hey Keith,(and Dean…)
    I am in central Massachusetts and would also welcome either or both of you out here for a shared ride or even an overnight or two.Out to the Vineyard anyone?
    I am driving out to the ride in a Toyota tundra I will be stopping for an overnight with family in Ky then on to Ft Madison where I have a hotel for the 19th while I meet up with the Charter folks. I will have plenty of room in the back (upright bike rack for 4 bikes) to add a couple of bikes. No worries about airline handling, charges, dis-assembly, reassembly, rinse-lather-repeat 7 days later. The only caveat is that I am only going as far as Ft Madison so you would need to meet me on the 19th there before I put the truck in 7 day parking.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #478407

jill
  • Hi!
    I’m in Western Ma! It would be great to organize some group training rides. We’re The Koasters (& you’re welcome to join us if you want a group). We are also trying to figure out travel arrangements. I’ve driven in the past & will most likely do so again this year.
    Are any of you NE folks by chance also doing the Pan Mass Challenge?
    It’s great to see some local folks doing the ride – in the past I’ve discovered a few Mass. riders just by chance.
    :)

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #482375

Cezanne
  • Hello all!

I’m in Boston and definitely planning on some weekend rides. Keith- where are you guys? I’m in JP.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #493657

WWORKS
  • I live in Quincy and commute to Cambridge by bike on some days. Regular road rides to train, looking for people to get out and put in 50 solid miles or more. I do ride in Plymouth and the Cape on Weekend as well. Just drop me a note when you are thinking about riding and perhaps we can meet up and get one in.

Blue Hills in Quincy/Canton/Milton is a good place to train for the hills.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #505453

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy