RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

California Riders

(16 posts) (7 voices)
Started 1 year, 3 months ago ago by Pdiddly
Latest reply from Pdiddly 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago

Pdiddly
  • Coming from Vallejo (Bay Area). Looking for bicycle transport to/from the event. Anyone out there doing a delivery run?

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #468715

Thoreau
  • Someone regularly offers to move bikes from California to Iowa each each year–and I know they posted last year. Our San Francisco riding group usually uses the Pork Belly Fed Ex service.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #468717

Pdiddly
  • OK, Time for all those coming from CA to stand up and raise your hand so we can get a head count!

I’ll be first, so that’s one.

Posted 1 year ago ago #495234

Pdiddly
  • Does Iowa have an extradition policy with California? I can’t believe its less than two weeks away. Is it too late to start practicing?

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #526093

Robin
  • Three first timers coming from El Dorado Hills, CA! A little nervous about the hills and humidity but also excited.

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #527056

Pdiddly
  • Robin, Don’t worry, after the first day you won’t even notice you’re sweating profusely just standing still! Plus, you’ll be having too much fun to notice!

did you ride the “Party Pardee” ride in Ione this year?

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #527071

Robin
  • Paul….yes, I did ride in Party Pardee this past year…it’s a fun one!

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #527145

Cyfan
  • Do I count as a Californian? I was born in Iowa but did live in San Diego for 4 years. During the Iowa winters some times I wonder why I came back to Iowa.

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #527153

Pdiddly
  • Do I count as a Californian? I was born in Iowa but did live in San Diego for 4 years. During the Iowa winters some times I wonder why I came back to Iowa.

Cyfan, we’re an inclusive group, so your in!

Robin, look for me, I’ll be wearing a Party Pardee jersey one of the days! How’d you like the last “hill” by the dam? that was a killer. I’m glad they were handing out candy at the top of it! I don’t think you’ll see anything like that in Iowa. So if you could do the hills from that ride you will have no problem in Iowa.

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #527285

Robin
  • Paul…I’ll be looking for you! My sister and I will also be wearing a Pardee jersey one of the days. Ours is from a couple of years ago (not sure if they changed the design)…

Cyfan…I was also born in Iowa but have been in CA for quite a few years. I do know the Iowa winters are not for me and am wondering if the Iowa summers will be. Should be an interesting week!

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #527823

Cyfan
  • Robin

I think you will do fine in Iowa. The humidity will be the biggest difference. Right now it looks like the temps could be lower than it has been the last couple of years but this is Iowa and that can change overnight. You will find the people as friendly as ever so your return to Iowa should be a fun one. Welcome back to Iowa from Californian/Iowan.

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #528088

Thoreau
  • Paul:

We’re in–five SF Beat riders staying with Pork Belly (the same team that rode last year). We just rode the Giro Bello metric century out of Sebastopol and most of us have shipped our bikes. Are you organizing a get-together? Let us know if there is a meet up?

bill

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #528186

Racingmom
  • *waves* southern California gal also staying with PBV … riding solo this year since my riding partner (youngest son) now has a life without me *cheers* … I am leaving So. Cal. on Tuesday and driving out – so if you have something you need transported, get it to me and I’ll be happy to drive it out.

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #529686

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy