Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Canadian Bacon ?

(19 posts) (11 voices)
Started 1 year, 7 months ago ago by John Blackman
Latest reply from John Blackman 4 months, 3 weeks ago ago

John Blackman
  • Who else is representing the great white north?
    Two From Brooklin Ontario

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #474136

Pdiddly
  • the “great white north”?, You must mean America’s Hat! Won’t you guys still be ice fishing in July?

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #474341

John Blackman
  • Paul where’s the American hospitality we are hoping to inve$t in-in July?:)
    My KY Wildcat brother in law once told me after hearing that 90% of our population live within 100 miles of the border, “Ya’ll are like the tick on the back of the Dawg”.
    Just be nice we have a lot of oil and water up here. It might come in handy in the future!

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #474475

Ken Johnson
  • John, didn’t I see on one of your other posts you’re riding with PBV? I am solo with PBV and looking for some endurance cycling Mardi Gras-ers to share the road and a seedy bar or two along the way. There are plenty. Think Calgary Stampede with bikes instead of chuck wagons.

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #479390

Sandaltan
  • Tim Hortons will not be on the route but Caseys will have coffee and donuts.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #479391

buttercupdog
  • I grew up partially on Canadian television, since there were only three US channels we could get, but we could get one from Kingston. I love Tim Horton’s.
    Go Canada!

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #479396

John Blackman
  • We are in! Now we are getting really psyched for the big week…any other Canadian connections out there?

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #501495

Cyfan
  • My Mother was born in Canada so I have nothing but respect for our neighbors from the “Great White North”.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #501500

jwsknk
  • my family left there around 300 years ago, could be real distant relatives Ilse de Orleans, Chateau Richer area, does that count? oh we do have a akunk that I think has duel citizenship

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #501508

Robo B
  • Hi John

We’re heading down to Ragbrai from the T.Dot.

Did you find any other riders going from the land of free health care?

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #518949

John Blackman
  • Hey Robo B: My wife and I are coming from Brooklin…we are hitting the road after she gets off shift at the free-health-care-dispensary thursday evening and driving 4 or 5 hours. We will do the rest Friday from possibly Toledo or somewhere like it. We got a hotel friday night a few miles north of finish town. We are using PBVentures Charter services…How many in your party and when are you heading out? Have you RAGBRAI’d before?
    JB

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #519433

Robo B
  • Hi John

My wife and I are driving Fri/Sat to Council Bluffs direct with probably a stop in Chi-town for some deep dish pizza. If we are going to be in heart-attack land, we might as well enjoy it. The plan is to be back in the land of free and universal health care before my arteries fully clog up anyway. We plan to do the ride the way John Candy would have wanted to do it : Johnny LaRue style!

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #519439

cyclepathe
  • Howdy all!

Coming down from Winnipeg, looking forward to the ride. Will be with Out of Staters! Driving to Sioux Falls Friday and then the reminder on Saturday.

Hey Robo, hopefully there are no pillows involved..lol

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #531003

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy