The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Cedar Rapids club ride?

Anyone planning a club ride in Cedar Rapids the Friday July 17th? Perhaps spin out to Vinton or another nearby town. I’m looking to get 30 miles or so at about 18 mph to keep my edge. I will be driving from Nevada and don’t want to be off the bike for four days before Ragbrai. Thanks!

2 Replies

Profile photo of "Bicycle Bill"
“Bicycle Bill”, March 21, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Cedar Rapids is the home of the Hawkeye Bicycle Association, so you can watch their webpage as time gets closer to see if they have anything going on.

I’d also check with either Northtowne Cycling & Fitness on Blairs Ferry Road on the north side of Cedar Rapids (ph 319-393-6557, or Hall Bicycle Company, downtown on 2nd Ave SE (ph 319-362-1052). They’ve both been around for a while and are probably the two best shops in the Cedar Rapids area (based on my personal but limited experiences).  If there was some other club ride or shop-supported team training outing that night they would probably know about it, or be able to put you in touch with someone who did.

-“BB”-

Profile photo of Scott
LawnchairMan, March 22, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Thanks BB! I will check them out. My first bicycle purchase was from Hall’s. A shiny new Schwinn Varsity sometime around 1965. So, yeah, they’ve been around a while.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013

Training

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Gatherings & Meetings

RAGBRAI XL – 2012