• Categories

• Topics

Members

Charging Stations?

(10 posts) (10 voices)
Started 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Cory Rood
Latest reply from Curtis Moore 2 months ago

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Curtis Curtis Moore 2 months ago.

Contemplating doing my first RAGBRAI and have what is probably a simple question that I can’t seem to find an answer for.

Is there any charging stations for electronic devices?(i.e. Phones, Cameras, Lights, bike computers, etc.) If there are are they free or is there a fee? Lock boxes to leave device and return later?

I see many of the charters offer this service but I’m not really interested in a charter service, outside of transportation from Lansing to OC.

Thanks in advance!

• Profile photo of Cory
    Cory Rood
  • Contemplating doing my first RAGBRAI and have what is probably a simple question that I can’t seem to find an answer for.

Is there any charging stations for electronic devices?(i.e. Phones, Cameras, Lights, bike computers, etc.) If there are are they free or is there a fee? Lock boxes to leave device and return later?

I see many of the charters offer this service but I’m not really interested in a charter service, outside of transportation from Lansing to OC.

Thanks in advance!

Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago ago #1229817

• Profile photo of brian
    brian wallenburg
  • Yes, they can typically be found in the overnight towns. Lock em’ up and walk away til they’re charged. Most churches and schools are more than willing to charge your items while you eat. Libraries etc work too, not to mention, if you camp near someone with a generator, they are likely to accommodate your devices as well. Typically not hard to keep your stuff charged up. I’ve seen quite a few solar chargers on bicycles too. They keep getting cheaper…

Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago ago #1229839

• Profile photo of Bill
    Bill Mugan
  • Cory Rood,

There are usually charging stations in the Main Campground near the Register’s merchandise trailer.

See you this Summer 🙂

Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago ago #1230607

• Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce Woodrow
  • I plan to use my iPhone as my cycle computer so I am also concerned about battery use during each day. I have at least 4 USB battery packs so I’ll probably bring at least 1 or 2 with me each day, and hope to charge them along with my phone each night.

In case anybody is interested, I ride a recumbent Trike and I have a workout phone case from TuneBelt with a long enough strap that it goes around my thigh (instead of my arm). Easy to read and I can even make a few keystrokes (like Pause) if needed.

Posted 2 months, 1 week ago ago #1234985

• Profile photo of Brent
    cyduke
  • I bring along a Goal Zero solar panel, and their Venture 30 power pack. No need to find an outlet for the week.

Posted 2 months, 1 week ago ago #1235034

• Profile photo of yashardonnay
    yashardonnay smith
  • You can buy a portable battery bank that weighs less than a pound and can full charge your phone 5-10 times depending on capacity. I’m bringing solar panels and my power bank which can charge multiple devices at once.

Posted 2 months, 1 week ago ago #1236905

• Profile photo of Heather
    hnschipper
  • I bring a battery pack to recharge my phone. I also carry my cord with me anytime we’re out and about in town. You never know where you’ll find an outlet.

Posted 2 months ago ago #1238494

• Profile photo of William
    W Fanning
  • I did some research between Battery pack or solar charger.. I feel battery pack will work best for me.. just purchased a Pocket juice battery charger with 2 USB chargers.. will also carry a USP & plug to grab power where ever I can.. this is my first RAGBRAI.. looking forward to it…

Posted 2 months ago ago #1238577

• Profile photo of Curtis
    Curtis Moore
  • Zigy, you might want to revise that link. If it’s meant to go to a product, well, it’s not going there.

Posted 2 months ago ago #1240015

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy