RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Colorado team/ride to RAGBRAI?

(22 posts) (16 voices)
Started 1 year, 6 months ago ago by AnneM
Latest reply from Anthony Kenyon 1 year ago ago

AnneM
  • Completely premature, but what the heck!

I’ve heard tell of a group out of UNC (Greeley) who does RAGBRAI regularly. With luck, I’ll be with my folks on the ride, but since they’re coming from the East Coast I’m looking for a way to the start & from the end.

(Honestly, the biggest reason I’d skip RAGBRAI this year is that driving across Nebraska nearly killed me. As in, I almost fell asleep at the wheel despite fun audiobooks and loads of coffee.)

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469998

mootsman
  • The biggest trick for not getting sleepy on long road trips I’ve found is not just not eat anything at all from several hours before you start to drive until you’re done.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #470662

coloradoshortbus
  • We are a Colorado-based team, and may have room. I will get back to you as soon as I have a headcount for this year’s Ragbrai.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #471012

3 Pedal
  • There are tons of us from Colorado on the ride. I don’t think I will have room, but I would be surprised if someone doesn’t.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #471013

AnneM
  • The biggest trick for not getting sleepy on long road trips I’ve found is not just not eat anything at all from several hours before you start to drive until you’re done.

I don’t think I’d do well getting up first thing in the morning and driving for 8 hours without eating; by the time I got there it would be 18 hours since my last meal and my blood sugar would be rock-bottom! (Not to mention that if you eat today to ride tomorrow, I’d have an empty tank the first day of the ride.)

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #471331

ASevern
  • Looking for team with weeklong vehicle, to/from front range. At age 75, I’m willing to do more than my share of driving.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #474866

Laura
  • Hi all! I’m looking for a ride from Denver to RAGBRAI this year. I’m meeting a few family members from the midwest. Let me know if you have space in your car!

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #476968

Mike M. in Denver
  • Won’t have room in our truck, sorry, but it occurs to me that with the start town being Council Bluffs you could take the Amtrack to Omaha. Then you’d just have to figure out how to get to Burlington to catch the train back at the end. I hear that taking a bike on Amtrack is fairly reasonable to manage.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #477159

TYSON PECK
  • This will be my first time too, live in Lafayette. Maybe we should talk.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #477185

Allgoop
  • This will be my 1st RAGBRAI as well, driving from Colorado Springs. I’ve signed up with PBV charter service. I should have room for 1 or 2.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #477573

IndianHillsTed
  • A few years back I flew to Omaha and hired PBV for a shuttle to the start. They said they would have done the train station as well.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #477574

DenBiker
  • Have a small Front Range based team with room for one more.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #483625

TYSON PECK
  • Tell me more, I am in Lafayette and need a ride to and from. I will be biking with two brothers so have arrangements made except for to and fro. What is you plan?
    Thanks
    Ty Peck

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #483632

ASevern
  • I’d lover to hear more. Am looking for weeklong vehicle access, and prefer trying for homestay. I’ve done Ragbrai 5 times.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #483634

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy