Forums Categories

Members

Did you ride today?

(225 posts) (68 voices)
Started 2 years, 10 months ago ago by “Bicycle Bill”
Latest reply from lhansen 2 years, 4 months ago ago

“Bicycle Bill”
  • I did.

57 miles (OK, they were all flat miles on a five-mile loop) in 30-some degree weather to celebrate today being the conclusion of my 57th trip around the sun.

-”BB”-

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8923

RoyBoy
  • Happy Birthday!

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8924

BigdogEMT
  • Happy B Day!!!!
    Hope you enjoy many more to come!
    Terry

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8925

Sandaltan
  • Happy Birthday Beebs!!!   Birthdays are a good thing to have.  I am thankful for each one.  A good bike buddy left this world four days ago, a couple weeks short of his next birthday.  It is a tough time at his house.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8926

Pirate Brewer
  • Happy birthday “Yehuda Bill”.  I wish I enjoyed the cool weather riding.  For me it’s painful when the temperatures get below 60 F.    I’d rather have last summer’s heat than a 50 degree day.

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8927

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Someone or something has hacked this forum.  If you look at the tags associated with this thread you will see that they refer to “UGG” boots.  I DID NOT PUT THEM THERE, but there they be, big as life!!!

I will be reporting this as soon as I have posted this.  Just a head-up though; since this sort of stuff is happening I have no idea of what other nasties might be getting spread around through our use of the forum — but I have a very vivid and active imagination.  Best to make sure your anti-spam and anti-virus software tools and programs on your personal computer(s) are active and up-to-date.

edited to add:
    I’ve just received an unsolicited, semi-coherent PM from someone calling himself “rgeerflet” and including links to a couple of on-line sites totally irrelevant to cycling in general or RAGBRAI in particular.  Just a heads-up to any others out there who may get it or something similar from this turkey; you should probably delete it unopened.

I’ll be reporting this as well.  TJ is gonna have a full plate when he comes back to work Monday!

-”BB”-

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8928

John L
  • I did not. It was in the40′s with 15+ mph winds. Congrats BB…I did 50 for my 50th this year. I am shooting for 3K for the year. I am at 2765…I think I will make it…the cold makes it harder.

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8929

Michrider
  • “Bicycle Bill” said: I did.

57 miles (OK, they were all flat miles on a five-mile loop) in 30-some degree weather to celebrate today being the conclusion of my 57th trip around the sun.

-”BB”-

Belated H.B.D. Beebs!  I thought for sure you were responsible for the “Strapless Wedding Gowns” tag, LOL!!!!!

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8930

pHIlo
  • Many Happy Returns Beebs!

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8931

mbunge
  • Found time for 20 today. 35 degrees and no wind. That’s something to celebrate.

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8932

SFC JKL2
  • I would have said my bike is put away for the winter, but my wife had me do a bicycle safety class for the girl scouts saturday.  Since it was in the 60′s I took the time to put in a couple more miles.

They are actually predicting snow tonight so I’ll say I’m officially done now.

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8933

seminole11
  • I rode 100 for the week nothing today.Gym day, no riding maybe 20 tommorow.Happy b-day to ya.

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8934

jwsknk
  • Got the winter bike ready to go now. All lubed up and studded tires on. And if I don’t.need it this winter, that would be fine too.

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8935

Sandaltan
  • jwsknk said: Got the winter bike ready to go now. All lubed up and studded tires on. And if I don’t.need it this winter, that would be fine too.

Keep those studded tires pumped up Skunky.  I looked at the magic napkin today and it said big snow in Cyclone Country about the 15th of December.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8936

Tony
  • No riding and no trainer. I tripped over the curb and smacked my knee falling to the sidewalk. Have a big goose egg on it.  Hurts to bend it. I wish I could say I tripped over a curb dweller, but I can’t. Just my lousy lack of depth perception.

Now if you used Linux you wouldn’t have to worry about all that virus and spy wear junk. Power to the penguin! I love Ubuntu!

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago ago #8937

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy