Forums

Forums Categories

Members

EBikers

(17 posts) (8 voices)
Started 1 year, 8 months ago ago by Andrew D. Carson
Latest reply from Papa T 1 year, 8 months ago ago

Andrew D. Carson
  • OK, it’s been 9 years since my last RAGBRAI. I confess the itch has come back, and, with a friend’s urging, we will be on the ride this Summer! Third time for me, first time for John and Margaret. I get to play the wise and grizled veteran. Wondering out loud as I look at the forum – what ever happened to the EBikers Grandfallon once active in these forums? Are you still out there? I have THE picture from the meeting in 2004 the night before the ride started in Onowa. Anybody still out there in orange?

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471568

Michrider
  • Andrew, in 2011, a group of forum regulars made plans to meet in one of the overnight towns. The plan called for meeting in the main entertainment, beer garden. We were supposed to wear orange shirts. I was one of those in attendance. When we got there we discovered that all of the volunteers in that city were wearing orange shirts. Of course, there were orange shirts everywhere!!! It was hysterically funny!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471606

Jack in VA
  • Remember that afternoon in Onawa so well. It was so cool putting faces with names and running into so many of “US” during the week. There were probably 100 or more of us that showed up at the courthouse lawn. Many brought little trinkets to the “E-Cyclists” meeting. That was the year the “Livestrong: bracelets really started taking off, and I’m still wearing one in honor of my dad; one of our group handed them out to all present. Another guy walked up to me with a smile on his face and handed me a playing card and a wooden clothespin (you’ve got to be of a certain age to know what THAT is all about – if you do, please comment!). Someone made up “E-Buttons” with our name and forum name on it; unfortunately, it rained within a day or 2 and the ink ran and bled badly. We also had the sexiest girls and guys legs contest. Amanda, weren’t you crowned that year?

We tried meeting again a few years later at one fo the start towns but it just wasn’t the same turn-out as Onawa. Maybe this year? :wink:

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471610

jwsknk
  • Saw Tony & Knees were at the expo. banana man was there for awhile. anyone else there for the expo and route announcement? I ended up getting put to work about 10 helping with the silent auction, I know Tony got some new pedals. Maybe some sort of nametag or button next year?
    I know mitch puts the RAGBRAI plate on his bike with his name. I never use it, probably should. i know it helped one guy out last year in Lake View. we were the last truck pulling out of the campsite and there was a bike left by a tree near us. The guy had filled it out with a contact phone number. So we called it up, he was in the hospital and somebody didn’t load his bike up. We hauled it to the next overnight for them and they came and picked it up.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471612

Michrider
  • jws, Yes, I do!! It’s always fun to talk to people out on the route!!!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471615

Jboz
  • ADC – it worked. See you in Iowa. Should I look for you on your yellow bike or the TT?

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471625

Amanda
  • I actually lost the first legs contest – it was rigged. But I came back the next year and won! The first gathering was the best. Not so much after that.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471776

Andrew D. Carson
  • Jboz, I donno. I suspect as usual I’ll be aboard the current yellowbike2. But it will be a last minute decision between it and the Terratrike. Either works for me now. I remember some of the pass through towns being so crowded on RAGBRAI that you couldn’t RIDE through, which was altogether a fine thing. But the trikes I would see looked like wheelchairs in a Black Friday shopping mall in the throng. Might have to sharpen the large chain ring to make my way through if I was on the trike.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471778

Andrew D. Carson
  • I am going to have to pull out my 2004 list of ‘played by….’ Eriders and see who chimes in on this thread. I am tickled to think of revisiting Iowa. There is that famous quote – “I can’t wait!!”

Amanda, is that you on the right in the photo with the attactively tensioned T shirt?

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471779

steve
  • I still have some group pics of the ecyclists..all the way back to “who must not be named”…is there a simple way to post/ upload it?

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471783

Michrider
  • POTING PICTURES

1. Upload pic to on line image service (I use photobucket.com)
    2. Copy “Direct link” applied to pic by photobucket
    3. Open image icon (last icon on top of reply box)
    4. Paste “direct link” into image icon
    5. Send post!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471915

Amanda
  • Yes that is me in the “blue” shirt. Taken last summer while waiting for RAGBRAI!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471922

jwsknk
  • POTING PICTURES

1. Upload pic to on line image service (I use photobucket.com)
    2. Copy “Direct link” applied to pic by photobucket
    3. Open image icon (last icon on top of reply box)
    4. Paste “direct link” into image icon
    5. Send post!

——————————————————————————–
    after poting those pictures, do they grow into something else? videos maybe? :-o :lol:

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471933

Michrider
  • jwaknk, after poting those pictures, do they grow into something else? videos maybe? :-o :lol:

What happens on RAGBRAI stays on RAGBRAI….until it shows up on YouTube!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #471935

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy