RAGBRAI XLIII Countdown – July 19-25, 2015
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Expo Shopping: How to get the loot home? :)

(4 posts) (4 voices)
Started 1 year, 6 months ago ago by iTri
Latest reply from ott2000 1 year, 6 months ago ago

iTri
  • Hey all! My husband and I are attending our first RAGBRAI. I grew up in Iowa and have done a lot of running, triathlon, cycling, and mountain biking endurance events but felt like I wasn’t a “real” Iowan OR cyclist until I did RAGBRAI. This is my husband’s first big endurance event. We are really excited!

Here’s my question, we LOVE expos and buy a lot of my running and tri gear at expos when we go to big races. We’re coming from Indiana and traveling with PBV for the week of RAGBRAI. So, we’re going to park in Fort Madison, take the East–>West shuttle, and then shop-until-we-drop at the expo. What do we do with all the stuff we buy? Some fraction will be useful on RAGBRAI but I think there will be lots of fun things I’d like to purchase but not like to haul around for a week. Can we ship stuff home from the expo? Is that something the vendors anticipate? I suppose I could find a FedEx in the area but just wondered if others have faced the same issue. I’m starting to organize and plan the gear we will need for the trip and am trying to figure if I need to save “shopping space” in the duffels or not. :)

Thanks!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #503149

SFC JKL2
  • As a rookie you will bring way too much stuff. Leave some shopping space in your bag. If you need to, ship a box home during the week if you run out of room. Yes, many vendors will ship stuff home for you.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #503152

Michrider
  • iTri, I believe PBV (My Faorite Charter) allows 2 bags per rider. That would be 4 bags between the 2 of you. Just limit your husband to one bag, then you’ve got an extra bsg for your loot!!!!
    http://www.pkbelly.com/

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #503217

ott2000
  • You might consider “The UPS Store” in Council Bluffs. Web site indicates they are not usually open on Sundays but a call to them now, may get them to be open with lots of potential customers.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #503671

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy