RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

First timer looking to ride

(5 posts) (3 voices)
Started 1 year, 2 months ago ago by LadyLyss
Latest reply from LadyLyss 1 year, 1 month ago ago

LadyLyss
  • I’m hoping someone will be kind enough to sell me their week long pass at a discounted price. I started biking regularly last summer and really want to do Ragbrai! Unfortunately, I can’t afford the unexpected high cost to ride across the state. Can anyone help me out?

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #505448

John Butler
  • $150 is cheap for 7 days of riding, 7 nights of camping, the truck service to carry your bags across Iowa, and entry to beer gardens, etc.. It is also your cheapest expense, considering you will need to buy food every day, travel to/from RAGBRAI, etc.

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #506066

LadyLyss
  • Maybe you dont know what it’s like to be poor hen. To me, $20 is a lot of money. Just hoping there’s someone out there who no longer needs tgeirs and wont mind giving it up for less money.

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #506075

toadhead
  • As we get closer to the ride, you will find some people who can’t go at the last minute looking to get whatever they can…. I ended up not registering last year due to some financial issues…. I was hoping to buy a wristband at the last minute and at least do the last few days…. I actually had a few offers of free wristbands…. But I just couldn’t swing everything else that needed to fall in to place to make it happen…. TOADHEAD MAKES HIS TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO RAGBRAI IN 2013!!!!

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #506219

LadyLyss
  • Haha. Thank you! Maybe I’ll be fortunate enough for that to happen to me. Assuming it’s in time for whatever new job I get this summer after I move away, and that they’ll allow me to take a week off.

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #506223

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy