RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Forever Ride Tour :: RAGBRAI 2013

(11 posts) (9 voices)
Started 1 year, 6 months ago ago by Stephanie Spearman
Latest reply from knees36 1 year, 6 months ago ago

Stephanie Spearman
  • Be a part of one of the BEST tours and let SPEARMAN EXPEDITIONS pamper you as you ride, enjoy and indulge in RAGBRAI 2013. Limited spots available but each spot will include transportation from the start town to the end town, 3 meals a day, tent service, ice cold drinks, margarita night, wine & cheese night, team t-shirt, showers and the list goes on. Stay tuned – this is a group you won’t want to miss out on!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469043

reddog1
  • It always surprises me that one would need to post about such a great tour group. If it is so good and has such limited spots I am sure everyone who needs to find this type of transportation will do so because of your reputation. Same goes for the other guy who keeps posting about PVV.. Please refrain and save the people from having to hear you blabber.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469063

Michrider
  • Every year about this time, people start searching for a team to join. Do you want to join a team? Are you looking for a charter? There are many good charters on RAGBRAI but I think Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) is the best!!! I’ve traveled with them for years! They offer a lot of extras that you may not be able to get anywhere else. RAGBRAI will announce the Route for 2013 on January 26, 2013. As soon as the route is announced, PBV will send out their invitation letter. To be added to the list for that invitation, contact Pete: petephillips@cox.net or Tammy: tammypav@cox.net . You can check out PBV at http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php. I’ll meet you under PBV’s big circus tent!!!!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469064

“Bicycle Bill”
  • 3 meals a day?  Tent service?  Ice cold drinks?  Margarita and wine & cheese nights?  Team t-shirts?  Showers?  Is this a bicycle-riding team or someone’s idea of concierge service?  And by the way, notice too that nowhere is it mentioned how much you can expect to have to pay for this level of teamwork or how to contact anybody about this.

Personally, I’m waiting for the day when some team will provide bicycle rickshaws.  All the “participant” will need to do is get in and sit down; someone else will do all the pedaling.

-”BB”-

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469163

murphymp
  • Not sure how they are going to provide three meals a day. I am riding by 6am and don’t want to eat until the first or second town and I always eat lunch at one of the passthrough towns. I think I am close to the norm on Ragbrai so how do you provide three meals??

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469181

shaniko
  • They don’t provide three meals, just “offer it”.

RAGBRAI is now composed of old people who don’t or can’t do their own overnights.

So they spend $$$$XXXX amt. of bucks for someone else to do it.

RAGBRAI is one of the most “costly rides” in regards to what you pay for.

And exactly what do you pay for? ……………..

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469214

thangamalang
  • I am glad to see others offering services for a fee, so thank you Spearman Expiditions. The “other Guy” that is always posting about PBV, well keep on keep’in on because as you know this forum belongs to me and me only. I guess I am bcoming one of those “old people” that doesn’t mind paying what I have earned(worked fanny off for 54 years) for different choices. Are some of us getting cabin fever?

Let’s all have a wonderful 2013. I hope to see you all on the Happy Tails!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469288

knees36
  • Shan…you might want to spend time as a committee member of an overnight town and/or better yet (but not a very realistic suggestion) you could pay the itemized costs of just one day’s ride expenses to the Des Moines Register that they have encumbered for RAGBRAI’s 10,000+ riders for that day. This would give you a better idea as to “what do you pay for?” I believe you’d be amazed as to what you get for your $150 for the entire week. Cheers~~~and have a great ride across Iowa this year.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469289

Michrider
  • Knees, I’m with you, I love Iowa & RAGBRAI!!!! BTW, ya’ll got some good Kurbs!!!!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469309

knees36
  • Thanks, Mich and have a great ride across Iowa, the Land of Corn and Beans and Kurbs and country roads and other things on XLI this July. Cheers.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #469310

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy