Join Us in July - Register Today!

Gear Transport Truck Timing

Newbie question:
I recall seeing somewhere that the truck that transports rider gear from stop to stop opens up at 8:00 am. Being a morning person and hoping to avoid riding during the hottest part of the day, I was hoping to be packed up and on the road long before 8:00. Is there a way to keep my gear secure but leave before 8:00 (other than being my own pack mule)?

3 Replies

roadtriker2, February 11, 2016 at 1:23 pm

The baggage truck leaves at 8am, not opens at 8 am. You can start loading the truck at around 5am.

jwsknk, February 11, 2016 at 2:27 pm

and they mean closing those doors and leaving at 8:00. I think they do 1/2 hour and a 15 minute warning. Don’t remember if both trucks leave at the same time or if one can go earlier. They unload in a fenced area and set out time markers as to when it was loaded. I think they man it until 6:00.

Carl, February 12, 2016 at 8:57 pm

They start getting the semi trailers ready to load sometime after 4:30, works as a great alarm if you camp some what close to the trucks. When they unload at hte next overnight town they put signs up by the baggage of when they where loaded into the semi trailer, these are in 1/2 hour increments, very helpful when you go to look for your bag. I’ve used the Register semi’s the last two years and they do a great job! One last item they do weight each bag on Sunday morning so make sure you are within the 50 lbs limit.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters