• Profile picture of Evelyn
    active 13 minutes ago
  • Profile picture of Melissa
    active 16 minutes ago

Getting Bikes from NY to Iowa

(6 posts) (5 voices)
Started 2 months, 2 weeks ago by karin McCartney
Latest reply from Michael Rokofsky 1 month ago

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Michael Rokofsky 1 month ago.

Any New Yorker’s interested in sharing a van or truck to transport bicycles from NY to Iowa. Looking to not ship as I’ve had problems in the past. Looking to drive out with bicycles while fellow riders fly. Anyone from NY interested in having your bike driven out and sharing the cost of the van rental?

• Profile photo of karin
    karin McCartney
  • Any New Yorker’s interested in sharing a van or truck to transport bicycles from NY to Iowa. Looking to not ship as I’ve had problems in the past. Looking to drive out with bicycles while fellow riders fly. Anyone from NY interested in having your bike driven out and sharing the cost of the van rental?

Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago ago #1225636

• Profile photo of Mark
    Mark Wheeler
  • I may be. Still considering driving my own vehicle out w/sig other and having it as a support vehicle for the ride. Mid size SUV.

Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago ago #1225854

• Profile photo of Tom
    tomthebike
  • ship your bikes from Dannys Cycles in NYC, Westchester & Connecticut to Bike World (3 locations), Kyle’s or Rasmusson in Des Moines. all of these shops are reputable and will have your bike ready for Ragbrai. some stores rent bicycle boxes also. as far as shipping UPS and FedEx are good, but i have heard of them loosing freight.

Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago ago #1227758

• Profile photo of Michael
    Michael Rokofsky
  • I might drive out there with my bike in my car, but could otherwise be open to sharing a van. I’m also looking to join a team with some NYC riders. Anyone have a spot open?

Posted 2 months ago ago #1239654

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy