Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Happy New Year and ……

(10 posts) (7 voices)
Started 1 year, 9 months ago ago by Ed Kanitra
Latest reply from Gypsy Rose 1 year, 9 months ago ago

Jon Harman
  • Blessed training and touring season in 2013! Thoroughly enjoyed last XL, except for a few challenges… Looking forward to XLI, hope work schedule can cooperate. If you haven’t done Ragbrai yet, enjoy the many friendships along the way and the wonderful buildup that the Register uses. So many memories! Let the new stats begin!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #464301

Michrider
  • Happy New Year to all of my RAGBRAI friends! In only 200 days we’ll gather in ?????, Iowa for our traveling circus!!!! Another great RAGBRAI with perfect weather and cold beer!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #464304

Sandaltan
  • A happy bikin New Year to all. We celebrated the event with a toast to the biking New Year, the Little Stoker with a fine red wine and me with a small glass of Buffalo Trace Bourbon, one of the fine exports that Kentucky is known for….in addition to Michrider of course. I found BT on sale a couple of days ago for $19.99 and could not pass it up. Two thumbs up for BT.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #464306

Gypsy Rose
  • ST,

At first I read your post as, “A happy bikini New Year to all.” Must’ve been the martini I’m sippin’.

Best,
    ~Kevin

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #464629

Papa T
  • thirteen degrees here, no bikinis in sight here. I wish!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #464708

Gypsy Rose
  • Fourteen below zero here in Vermont at the moment. Let’s see, that’s 120 degrees cooler than those July days last summer in Iowa. I’ll just have to forget about swimwear for a few months.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #465521

History Biker
  • Last weekend, I was driving between Vinton & Shellsburg. I couldn’t help but think about how it was about 100 degrees colder than it was when we pedaled that route on RAGBRAI XL. Here’s to temperatures cooler than last year’s ride, but much, much warmer than winter for this year’s ride! Cheers!

-Jess

Follow me on Twitter @historybiker and like me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/HistoryBiker – for updates on a new exhibit at the State Historical Museum of Iowa: Forty Years of Fun! You may also contact me via e-mail at HistoryBikerJess@gmail.com. I was on RAGBRAI, collecting artifacts & recording stories! Please contact me to share yours!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #465672

Sandaltan
  • Be careful of the bears and wolves when you leave your cozy little hide-away Gypsy! We want you in Iowa in July.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #465757

Gypsy Rose
  • Be careful of the bears and wolves when you leave your cozy little hide-away Gypsy! We want you in Iowa in July.

The bear are all tucked away for the winter, but the coyotes keep active all year long. They’re my pals, though. I don’t see much for people up here on the mountainside from November through April. That’s why I come to Iowa in July, to socialize! I’ll be there in 2013, for sure. Happy New Year!

~ Kevin

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #465803

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy