RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

I'm in for Year 2 with PBV

(8 posts) (7 voices)
Started 1 year, 6 months ago ago by TexasBikeKahuna
Latest reply from John Arnold 1 year, 5 months ago ago

TexasBikeKahuna
  • Just submitted my registration with PBV for year number 2, except this year I convinced my wife to join me. I got me a tent mate. This is what gets me through tax season. My experience with my first RAGBRAI last year is that you either “get it” or you don’t. I got it. It’s a sick and twisted week my friends – and i LOVE it……….

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #471088

Michrider
  • Texas, I like you already. I signed up today. PBV is absolutely the best RAGBRAI charter on the planet!!!!! Look me up this year, Tammy & Pete know me!!!!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #471089

bentjay
  • Signed up for my second PBV RAGBRAI too this morning a couple of minutes after midnight Pacific Coast time. Back to the tent grid, air-conditioned Royal Flush & Anytime Showers, and this year’s revamped Juice Thingy. Cant Wait!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #471140

John Blackman
  • My wife and I are first timers and signed up with PBV too …pretty pumped about it !

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #477796

Joe B
  • Newbie here for 2013 also with PBV. Very excited and very apprehensive…

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #477815

TexasBikeKahuna
  • Joe B. I remember my apprehension last year, you’ll be amazed at how well you will do. 3 keys. 1.I DO recommend training before going. Not really cardiovascularly, but just seat time. I had someone tell me that if i could do 3 days in a row of 50 miles the weekend before ragbrai (i.e., 7 – 10 days out) i’d have no problem. it was true. absolutely no issues with butt or legs and i had confidence so i didnt have to worry about it. Every day felt great on the bike. 2. Eat and drink from the beginning each day. Hydration is key – all through the day. and 3. Dont anticipate – literally just take each minute of each day as it comes and dont look past the moment as each day goes by. Take your time each day and soak in every mile and every stop. My $.02. 8-)

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #478353

John Arnold
  • First timer here as well. I did a lot of charter service research and found that there are many very good choices. What did it for me in the end was the fast and personal response to my questions from Pete and Tammy. There also seems to be a sort of kinship among PVBers, which will be helpfull for me because it looks like I’ll be a solo rider.

Great message from TexasBikeKahuna. Thanks.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #478354

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy