RAGBRAI XLIII Countdown – July 19-25, 2015
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

injured rider

(5 posts) (3 voices)
Started 1 year, 7 months ago ago by jwsknk
Latest reply from Papa T 1 year, 7 months ago ago

jwsknk
  • This happened in North Carolina I believe.

Hey Skunks–some bad news. Some of you may remember my friend Steve Saltzman who rode with us in 2010. I’ve just learned he was hit by a car this morning riding to work and has a broken leg. Apparently that is pretty much his only injury and he is expected to make a full recovery. Of course the news sucks, but what is worse is that he is recovering from knee surgery and is just healing well enough to be out riding after several months off the bike. Sent him a note at Steve.Saltzman@self-help.org

update:
    Yo Skunks–It seems Steve isn’t banged up as bad as the initial report indicated. Nothing broken–just severly bruised and his injuries are not on the leg that had knee surgery (but maybe that’s not a good thing because now he has two bad legs!)

His carbon fiber Cannondale has been reduced to a bunch of expensive broken plastic. It was a hit-and-run but the police have some leads. His story is supposed to be on the local news tonight.

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #468505

jwsknk
  • Good news. Steve is doing well. Perp turned himself in to the Durham PD. Said he didn’t realize he’d hit someone until he discovered his mirror was missing?! Right….

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #468601

rockman68
  • Strange… I live in Durham, and I haven’t heard anything about this one locally.

Best wishes for a quick and full recovery.

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #468719

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy