Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Lance Witch Hunt

(26 posts) (13 voices)
Started 2 years, 3 months ago ago by Davy Sprocket
Latest reply from Michrider 2 years, 3 months ago ago

mootsman
  • Hamilton and Landus are proven liars and they both admit they lied now (but now are telling the truth, right..). Both are trying to make money now by tossing Lance under the bus. Frankie Andreu and his wife both claimed to have been in the hospital room when medical personal asked Lance if he had ever taken performance enhancing drugs. The medical personal said they never asked any such thing. And USADA is violating WADA rules. No positive test, just years old recollections, some from proven liars. If the tests that were “consistent with doping” were actually “positive” tests they would have been flagged at the time. Those tests are also consistant with not doping. Only positive tests are used to kick people out.

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243062

mtbmed
  • … and again, I would return and paraphrase my previous comment: What good and or improvements will this bring to the sport of cycling?
    When prosecution becomes persecution it shines poorly on the agency bringing the complaint. If the USADA is to ever bring impartial judgments to the table AND have any kind of credence, they would be well advised to follow the advice of the Feds and other “legal” agencies. They have all stopped their investigations because of lack of arguable or qualified evidence or testimony. Cycling is working hard to return to a base of credibility … stop the run-away overlords when it becomes about vendetta, rather than oversight.
    Cancellara is a BEAST! Wiggins will still win :-)

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243129

lgriffin
  • The USADA was originally formed to perform testing for the USOC. However, their wings have spread significantly since the very beginning. Their funding comes from the federal government ($10 million) and USOC ($3.5 million) as well as ‘other’ sources. But, they do not report to either of these organizations, instead operating wholly on their own to go after whomever they choose. It just appears as if Lance has pissed off enough people by kicking their asses that they’ll say just about anything against him.

If the WADA hasn’t pursued these allegations why should anybody else? They do not hesitate to take on somebody with very little evidence and decided long ago they had no case against Lance. Apparently Travis Tygart (USADA CEO) has a h@$@on for Lance and will do anything within his power to discredit him.

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243160

RonB
  • From Wikipedia (not official):

The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is a non-profit organization and the national anti-doping organization (NADO) for the United States. The organization is charged with managing the anti-doping program for U.S. Olympic, Paralympic, Pan-American and ParaPan American sport. Its work includes in-competition and out-of-competition testing, the results management and adjudication process, the provision of drug reference resources, the therapeutic-use exemption process, various scientific research initiatives, and athlete and outreach education.

USADA is a signatory to, and responsible for implementation in the United States of, the World Anti-Doping Code, widely considered the basis for the strongest and strictest anti-doping programs in sports.[1][2] In 2001 the agency was recognized by the U.S. Congress as “the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sport in the United States.”[3] USADA is not a government entity, however the agency is partly funded by a U.S. federal grant through the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), with its remaining budget generated from contracts for anti-doping services with sport organizations, most notably the United States Olympic Committee.[4]

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243163

RonB
  • Not really trying to argue against LA, but it seems facts are in short supply in this thread! See underlined comments/questions. The adage of “where there’s smoke…..” almost always holds some validity.

mootsman: Hamilton and Landus are proven liars and they both admit they lied now (but now are telling the truth, right..). What do they have to gain by lying? Both are trying to make money now by tossing Lance under the bus. How so, I’ve not heard of this? Frankie Andreu and his wife both claimed to have been in the hospital room when medical personal asked Lance if he had ever taken performance enhancing drugs. The medical personal said they never asked any such thing. Why in the world wouldn’t they ask this? If they didn’t, I’d think they were derelict in their practice of medicine! And USADA is violating WADA rules. How? No positive test, just years old recollections, some from proven liars. And supposedly some from his buds! If the tests that were “consistent with doping” were actually “positive” tests they would have been flagged at the time. Those tests are also consistant with not doping. Only positive tests are used to kick people out. Oh contrare!! Many have been kicked out for reasons other than positive tests (Ulrich, Rasmussen, Basso, etc. Actually, many more have been suspended for reasons other than an actual positive test.

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243170

Davy Sprocket
  • RonB:
    Not really trying to argue against LA, but it seems facts are in short supply in this thread!See underlined comments/questions.The adage of “where there’s smoke…..” almost always holds some validity.

Your last line in your first paragraph says it all…”almost always holds some validity.” Oh my is this filled with holes. “Almost”??? “Some”??? You can do better than that, but if you can’t than this witch hunt should end. I guess this thread is still short on facts.

And we wonder why the US government is 15Tril in debt.

Hey, I did hear there is a big ride in Iowa in a few weeks. Woot!

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243174

Michrider
  • Hey, I did hear there is a big ride in Iowa in a few weeks.Woot!

Rumor has it that RAGBRAI will do alcohol testing. Anyone whe passes the test (under legal limit) will b asked to leave the ride, LOL!!!!

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243223

RonB
  • Davy Sprocket: Your last line in your first paragraph says it all…”almost always holds some validity.” Oh my is this filled with holes. “Almost”??? “Some”??? You can do better than that, but if you can’t than this witch hunt should end. I guess this thread is still short on facts.And we wonder why the US government is 15Tril in debt.Hey, I did hear there is a big ride in Iowa in a few weeks. Woot!

Ok Mr. Sproket, you want a fact, here’s one (and the only one that us commoners know for sure). A 3 person panel (basically a grand jury) reviewed the evidence that none of us are privy to and determined that there was enough cause to go forward with this inquiry. Other than that, I got nothin, I wasn’t there. Also, not absolutely, 100% positive but I don’t think our opinions in this thread will stop or continue the witch hunt! 8-) Someday the truth may set us free, but of course, then what would we debate?

And Mich, they’d better have a whole bunch of cups to collect those samples!

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243262

Davy Sprocket
  • RonB: Ok Mr. Sproket, you want a fact, here’s one (and the only one that us commoners know for sure).A 3 person panel (basically a grand jury) reviewed the evidence that none of us are privy to and determined that there was enough cause to go forward with this inquiry. Other than that, I got nothin, I wasn’t there.Also, not absolutely, 100% positive but I don’t think our opinions in this thread will stop or continue the witch hunt!8-)Someday the truth may set us free, but of course, then what would we debate?

You kind of hit my point there RB. Actually, we don’t even know it if the board reviewed anything. The one thing we know for sure is that for whatever reason, all previous investigative bodies chose not to pursue action against LA. It just seems odd that this group decides to do so. I would be surprised if some new evidence which evaded professional investigators has suddenly appeared, but hey, I won’t give it a thought during RAGBRAI. Woot!

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243285

BillDana
  • Lance did everything possible to win. In spite of the fact that doping was common and available, he refused to take that advantage.

What we know is that he won big….

What they have been able to prove about Lance doping is nothing…

Over time, the truth will come to light…

Football, baseball, bicycling.. we will know the truth, even if we won’t accept it.

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243288

Michrider
  • RonB: Ok Mr. Sproket, you want a fact, here’s one (and the only one that us commoners know for sure).A 3 person panel (basically a grand jury) reviewed the evidence that none of us are privy to and determined that there was enough cause to go forward with this inquiry. Other than that, I got nothin, I wasn’t there.Also, not absolutely, 100% positive but I don’t think our opinions in this thread will stop or continue the witch hunt!8-)Someday the truth may set us free, but of course, then what would we debate?

And that my friends is why I don’t drink from a “Cup” on the Kurbs of Iowa!!!!!!!

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ago #243296

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy