active 2 minutes ago
  • Profile picture of James
    active 4 minutes ago
  • Profile picture of Michelle
    active 18 minutes ago

Lansing on day 6.

(3 posts) (2 voices)
Started 3 months, 2 weeks ago by GORDON BROWN

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GORDON GORDON BROWN 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Due to some plans real close to the end of Ragbrai I’m thinking of riding the designed route to Creston then going on to Lansing to get my truck and drive back for my bags. It looks like you can get to Lansing in as little as 16-20 miles. That would give me the option of staying the night with my group and heading out real early Saturday morning or leaving for home Friday night, but it is too far to make it all that night safely.

Thoughts?!!

• Profile photo of GORDON
    GORDON BROWN
  • Due to some plans real close to the end of Ragbrai I’m thinking of riding the designed route to Creston then going on to Lansing to get my truck and drive back for my bags. It looks like you can get to Lansing in as little as 16-20 miles. That would give me the option of staying the night with my group and heading out real early Saturday morning or leaving for home Friday night, but it is too far to make it all that night safely.

Thoughts?!!

Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago ago #1213084

• Profile photo of jim
    jwsknk
  • You are going to hit a really hilly stretch for 8-10 miles each side of Decorah. (A34 and A 52?)Nearing Waukon Highway 9 flattens out to Churchtown (not much there) then there is a really long decent, maybe a couple of mile. Then 4-5 flat miles to the river

Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago ago #1213093

• Profile photo of GORDON
    GORDON BROWN
  • Yep, that is probably the deciding factor making me push it to Saturday morning and bolting “off route” for Lansing so I can beat it out of town before the madness. Trying to tap it all in one day would be brutal.

Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago ago #1213445

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy