The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Looking for a Group out of the Kansas City area.

I am looking for a group out of the Kansas City area to join for the 2017 ride.

4 Replies

Profile photo of Ann
Ann Wilhelm, April 12, 2017 at 10:30 pm

I’m from Lawrence. Going by myself. Couldn’t find anyone to go with me so had to sign up for a charter service.

Profile photo of Mick
Mick Conrad, April 21, 2017 at 2:02 pm

We have a group of 7-9 riders and were looking for transportation options based out of KC. We’ve used a Des Moines based charter in the past, but we’re looking for something a little closer to home. Can either of you share details of how you’re getting to the start and back from the finish? The route is so far north this year–Not a lot of interest among friends and family to drop us off and/or pick us up. Cheers!

Profile photo of Ann
Ann Wilhelm, April 22, 2017 at 2:11 pm

I have a friend driving me to Omaha where I’ll join Pork Valley Ventures for a shuttle the rest of the way. They will pick me up in Des Moines. I think they will do just shuttles. I don’t have enough space to haul 7-9 people, plus bikes, plus myself. That was the only option I could find. Since I couldn’t get a group together I couldn’t sign up for a vehicle pass. I haven’t found any local KC bike shops who are going with a group. Have you looked into charters? Bike World out of Des Moines has a charter. Did you sign up as a group and purchase a vehcile pass? Renting a uhaul might be an option if you did and folks could take turns dirving/riding. There is also a charter that will bring you back West to your vehicles at the end of the ride.

Profile photo of Mick
Mick Conrad, April 24, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Ann Wilhelm, thanks for the info. I had my fingers crossed that you possibly had found a KC area charter that we were yet to uncover. Being close to Iowa, I’m surprised there isn’t one. The latest option we’re investigating is renting minivans one way to Sioux City, and from La Crosse back to KC. Cheers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013

Training

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Gatherings & Meetings

RAGBRAI XL – 2012