RAGBRAI XLV Countdown – July 23-29, 2017
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Forums Categories

• Categories

• Topics

Members

Looking for a Group out of the Kansas City area.

(4 posts) (3 voices)
Started 2 weeks, 5 days ago by John Clausen

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ann Ann Wilhelm 22 hours, 36 minutes ago.

I am looking for a group out of the Kansas City area to join for the 2017 ride.

• Profile photo of John
    John Clausen
  • I am looking for a group out of the Kansas City area to join for the 2017 ride.

Posted 2 weeks, 5 days ago ago #1256875

• Profile photo of Ann
    Ann Wilhelm
  • I’m from Lawrence. Going by myself. Couldn’t find anyone to go with me so had to sign up for a charter service.

Posted 1 week, 3 days ago ago #1259515

• Profile photo of Mick
    Mick Conrad
  • We have a group of 7-9 riders and were looking for transportation options based out of KC. We’ve used a Des Moines based charter in the past, but we’re looking for something a little closer to home. Can either of you share details of how you’re getting to the start and back from the finish? The route is so far north this year–Not a lot of interest among friends and family to drop us off and/or pick us up. Cheers!

Posted 1 day, 22 hours ago ago #1261008

• Profile photo of Ann
    Ann Wilhelm
  • I have a friend driving me to Omaha where I’ll join Pork Valley Ventures for a shuttle the rest of the way. They will pick me up in Des Moines. I think they will do just shuttles. I don’t have enough space to haul 7-9 people, plus bikes, plus myself. That was the only option I could find. Since I couldn’t get a group together I couldn’t sign up for a vehicle pass. I haven’t found any local KC bike shops who are going with a group. Have you looked into charters? Bike World out of Des Moines has a charter. Did you sign up as a group and purchase a vehcile pass? Renting a uhaul might be an option if you did and folks could take turns dirving/riding. There is also a charter that will bring you back West to your vehicles at the end of the ride.

Posted 22 hours, 36 minutes ago ago #1261094

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy