RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Looking for an Iowa Team for me and my husband to join or join us!

(3 posts) (2 voices)
Started 11 months, 1 week ago ago by Terri Mitchell
Latest reply from Ragbrai Nation 9 months, 1 week ago ago

Terri Mitchell
  • I am looking for a team for my husband and I to join (or people who want to be part of a team to join us!) We figured if we couldn’t find one, we would just be a two man team but it would be fun to have people who want to join our team and make it bigger!
    This will be our first year riding RAGBRAI (2014) and it would be nice to find people in our age group to join up with (we will be very close to 50 by July 2014!) So excited!!

We are out of Menlo, Iowa which is about 40 mile west of Des Moines. If anyone at all is interested in adding us to your team or joining out 2 man team and making it bigger, that would be AWESOME!! We are both fun people, love to ride and have a good time! Please hit me up here, or email me at terriface@gmail.com

Thanks!!!
    t ~

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #571394

Terri Mitchell
  • Little back story on that. I am fairly new to Iowa, only been living here 5 years, originally from California, (Hubby is from Iowa), and I really don’t know many people and the ones I know have no interest in bike riding whatsoever! So, that is the main reason I am posting, cuz I figured this would be a perfect place to find actual interested people who might want to get a team going for next year!

Hubby and I will def be doing the whole week, and it would be nice to have a team for support and just fun! We are putting in some great miles so far and plan on riding all year round as much as weather permits. We have a recumbent for the real bad weather days, but def wanna stay on the saddle and keep our bum trained and ready! =)

Looking forward to it BIG time!!

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #571406

Ragbrai Nation
  • Welcome to Iowa, Terri! There are many charters and clubs in Iowa not too far from you. Click on “The Ride” tab at the top of this page and then click on “Charters” from the drop down menu.

Also stop in your local bike shop to find out more about local bike clubs, the services they use for Ragbrai and club-sanctioned bike rides in your area.

Good luck and congratulations on your diligent training!

…RN

Posted 9 months, 1 week ago ago #643929

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy