RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

looking for some guidance

(9 posts) (5 voices)
Started 1 year, 8 months ago ago by Larry
Latest reply from Michrider 1 year, 7 months ago ago

Larry
  • Do most charters begin taking reservations prior to the lottery? If so, how quickly will they fill up? I have strong interest in going, but the others in my group are thinking they won’t commitment until April/May timeframe. I am afraid that might make it difficult lining up services – east west transportation, baggage, and maybe some other extras.

Also curious as to a reasonable amount to budget for a charter. Not request any exact pricing of what you paid in the past….just ball park (e.g at least $250).

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #415336

Michrider
  • Larry, There are many good charters on RAGBRAI but I think Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) is the best!!! I’ve traveled with them for years! They offer a lot of extras that you may not be able to get anywhere else. RAGBRAI will announce the Route for 2013 on January 26, 2013. As soon as the route is announced, PBV will send out their invitation letter. To be added to the list for that invitation, contact Pete: petephillips@cox.net or Tammy: tammypav@cox.net . You can check out PBV at http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php. I’ll meet you under PBV’s big circus tent!!!!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #415392

Sandaltan
  • Take a look at what Brancel has to offer. Less money than PBV consequently fewer services with a sterling reputation among those they have served in the past. I have no idea how soon any of the charters have filled in the past but I would not wait until April to make a decision.
    http://www.brancelcharters.com/select.htm

RIDE RIGHT and do your homework.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #415468

Ragbrai Nation
  • The charter contacts have to submit their guest lists to Ragbrai either Feb. 15th or Mar. 15th, I believe, so you don’t want to wait that long. Read the info tabs “About Ragbrai, “General Information,” and Charter Services” to get a good gist of things. Remind your friends Ragbrai is a step-process and procrastination tends to disillusion first-timers who underestimate the process…. NOT that it’s that complex. The logistics are all part of the fun! Ur all in this together… to set your two-wheelers sailing down the highway… all day… for 7 days!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #415609

deweyheidi
  • I know this, if a bunch of people praise a specific charter, go with it. I went with a charter that I found on-line and only one person recommended. It was cheap, and we got what we paid for. I will NEVER use them again. Larry, PM me if you’re interested in the name of the charter. PBV had a great set up and were easy to find when you got into town (which was a major problem with our charter). They had signs everywhere. They had a lot of great extras too. Live and learn on our part I guess

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #417158

Michrider
  • It’s just like deweyheidi said, PBV does what they say they will do! Look me up, I’ll be under the big circus tent, with a cold lemonaide in my hand!!!!! It’s a sick world and I’m a happy man!!!!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #417162

Ragbrai Nation
  • Tents and lemonaide? What happened to curbs and buddy weiser?

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #423784

Ragbrai Nation
  • Tents and lemonaide? What happened to curbs and buddy weizer?

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #423804

Michrider
  • RN, don’t know what your talkin about, LMAO!!!!! :wink:

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #423970

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy