Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Looking to join a team traveling from FL

(10 posts) (6 voices)
Started 1 year, 10 months ago ago by Dave Fletcher
Latest reply from Larry Clark 1 year, 8 months ago ago

Dave Fletcher
  • Any riders in FL want to look into forming a group and/or traveling together? Single rider from Hollywood here. This will be my second RAGBRAI. May have access to a small camper which sleeps 4 and can carry 4 bikes.
    Or would be happy to join your team and travel with you.
    Dave

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #474913

gregonline
  • Let’s talk. Still not sure I am going, but want to. Have a 38ft rv and have done the RAG 3 times. need a driver for the week and fellow riders to share the costs. Would be happy to go in your rv as well. Also have an established team.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #474914

Paul Devine
  • I could be interested as well. Live in NC but may move to GA. Either way I could meet you in AL or TN or whatever

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #475517

MikeB
  • I am interested as well. I may also be able to provide a RV driver if needed.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #475869

Dave Fletcher
  • Thanks for the responses. My camper is a VW Eurovan weekender. Think 2001 version of the old VW camper from the 60s. Certainly not as big as your 38′, Greg. So it’s cozy to sleep 4 but it works. Also more nimble than yours I would guess and probably better gas mileage too. But I’m sure 38′ would be much more luxurious and comfortable. My partner may be coming as well. Not sure yet. Probably won’t do much biking and might not be comfortable driving a 38′ rv, but would kick in his share of expenses.
    We are in Hollywood, down by Ft. Lauderdale. If left to us, the plan would be to leave Thursday AM and drive half way, then the other half, more or less Friday; arriving Friday night or by Sat. noon at the latest. Then would like to return to be home by Monday PM. But that’s all open to negotiation.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #475874

MikeB
  • I’m in the Florida Panhandle…. Pensacola/Destin area

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #475877

Felix
  • Leaving from NW FL. Have room for one more person with bike bags and gear.
    Share driving and gas, can drop in Ft Madison if on a tour or in CB. Also welcome to join our team.
    Rental truck for gear, private camping each night.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #495642

gregonline
  • Sorry I dropped of the map. I am having to replace the air ride system in my coach and am not sure at all I will be going this year. As soon as I know anything I will get back to you if it is not too late.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #496107

Larry Clark
  • I am driving from Jacksonville to Des Moines and departing on/about July 13/14. I’ll be stopping one night en route, then staying with family / friends until time to depart for Council Bluffs. Departing Des Moines on/about July 29th for the return trip. Own a Kuat Sherpa rack (two bikes) and a full sized sedan, looking for a carpool mate.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #496436

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy