RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Looking to join team from Houston / Katy area

(5 posts) (4 voices)
Started 1 year, 3 months ago ago by TXClone
Latest reply from Cyfan 1 year, 3 months ago ago

TXClone
  • I’m looking to join a team from Houston, TX. Anyone?

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #494915

mootsman
  • Don;t limit yourself to teams from your hometown. There are lots of teams that start and end in Iowa towns that work very well. You travel to their base town and the team transports you and your stuff to the start town, from the end town and all points in between. Post something on the forum about looking for Iowa based towns.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #494999

Jef
  • Clone, 1st Ragbrai, MS 150 vet? If so, “team” has a very different purpose on Ragbrai. You may be happy with joining a charter to help w/your gear and camping needs. On Ragbrai a team may serve the purpose of a charter, but a charter is not a team. On 1st Ragbrai, we spent 2 days travelling el cheapo w/Register truck and realized we wanted a more intimate group to make some friends for the week, so we joined a charter; huge improvement. I am an ex-Houstonian.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #495212

TXClone
  • This will be my 1st organized ride of any type. I appreciate the info…

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #495245

Cyfan
  • Clone, Jeff is right about the Team Vs Charter. My first year I joined a Charter and they had 150 plus riders. For me that worked very well because I belonged to a small team and we all used the Charter to haul our bags so I had my small group to ride with. The Charter did have a get together each night to give people a chance to meet others who might make riding partners. My last 7 RAGBRAIs I have gone with my core team of 4 riders and when we could find an RV and driver we went on our own and the other years we hooked up with another team to haul our bags. Riding with teams we have had groups of 4 to 40 so you get to know the group better when they are smaller. Last year we had an RV to use and a driver and 4 days before RAGBRAI our driver went to the hospital and our RV got fried with the mechanic out of town on vacation so we had to join a team at the last minute and had a great time. I have never used the Register to haul my bags and never will, so many other things available.

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #495634

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy