RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Lottery/Wristband Question

(5 posts) (5 voices)
Started 5 months, 1 week ago ago by Tom Garcia
Latest reply from Sandaltan 5 months ago ago

Tom Garcia
  • I’m planning on riding my first RAGBRAI in 2014 and will be entering the lottery Friday. It looks like the odds of getting a wristband are pretty good and looking at the forum it also looks like if I don’t hit the lottery buying a wristband through the forum seems pretty doable. I’m just posting this to confirm my thoughts.

Posted 5 months, 1 week ago ago #655314

mootsman
  • Yup. Wrist bands can be had through the secondary market in the spring when plans change. I think there is a deadline though to transfer it “officially” with RAGBRAI of June 1st. But even if you don’t do an official transfer it still works.

You can also join a team later on. If you are on a team I think all teams get picked 1st maybe. I’ve never heard of a team not getting picked.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Avatar of mootsman mootsman.

Posted 5 months, 1 week ago ago #655316

Mike Weber
  • So you can join a team later on even if I am registered as an individual?

Posted 5 months ago ago #656352

straycat
  • You can only register as an individual, OR with a group for the purposes of the lottery.

Once you have registered as an individual, you cannot join a group for the purposes of improving your odds in the lottery.

The group leader has to submit the registration materials for everyone in the group. So if you register now as an individual, and then join a group, you would essentially have to pay the fees twice so as not to mess up the group’s entry.

You can still ride with a team later, or sign up with a charter which is an independent process from the RAGBRAI registration. Send me a pm if you want some clarification between groups/teams and charters.

Posted 5 months ago ago #656672

Sandaltan
  • Good advice from the Straycat and others above. My two cents is don’t be in a hurry to register as a single, you may wish to register with a group or form your own group. A group may be only three people and if one is chosen all are chosen.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 5 months ago ago #656993

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy