The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Male Massage Therapist Looking for a Team to Join

Hi folks…I am a 55 year old male Licensed Massage Therapist in Iowa and Nebraska. Looking to join a team who has access to rooms or RV’s. Would like to stay in air condition at night. I could massage a few folks after the ride each day for your trouble of finding a place to stay or having an RV. I will pay for each nights stay also. Thank you. Mark

2 Replies

Profile photo of Tony
Tony, November 9, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Hi Mark,
I do logistics for one of the large charters. I have looked into this for our charter service. We decided not to do it due to fees and licensing. To practice massage therapy on RAGBRAI. The therapist must hold an Iowa license or one that is recognized by the state. The therapist has to pay state and local sales tax. Have a permit for each county you would be operating in. You also have to have liability insurance. All the licenses and permits have to be posted were you setup. This is wither you are on a team or on your own. Contact TJ or Scott for more info. The county inspectors do check. There is a large group of therapist from the Quad Cities that have been going every year. They setup in the overnight towns. You might want to check with them.

Profile photo of Mark
Mark, November 11, 2013 at 11:08 am

Tony….very good information. Thank you. I do have a license in Iowa and Nebraska. I have insurance. I will check with the Massage Iowa State Board and ask if I have to get permits since I will not charge for a massage. I won’t be setting up anywhere and I will only massage the folks I’m with. Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my post and giving me the great information. Mark

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013

Training

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Gatherings & Meetings

RAGBRAI XL – 2012