RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Military Vets?

Anyone know of a military veterans team?

8 Replies

Sandaltan ., January 30, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Team Air Force, Team Navy, Team Army, Team Army Reserve and the National Guard has a team. No Coasties yet that I have seen. The Air Force has the largest team, 80 to 100 or more riders per year. Could be that Army and Army Reserve have combined, help me out here someone that knows. Bedtime for this Bonzo now!!!

RIDE RIGHT

SFC JKL 2, January 31, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Phil: Depends on your flavor. AF team is like work. Formations, curfew and no drinking. Navy is more relaxed but still semi formal. Actual Army has never had a team. IA NG ran a team for a few years but not sure if they are still around. Army Reserve team was a joint venture that split up. A group out of IA still is using that banner. The party group of AR is now called Bike Army.

“Bicycle Bill”, January 31, 2014 at 7:11 pm

WE get to ride brooms and use magic!!

-“BB”-

Phil Coolberth, January 31, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Got it, thx to all. Should have been clear that I was retired military–I’m sure those teams mentioned above are for the younger guys/gals. My glorified parade days are over, the only thing I salute these days is the mailman on the first of the month.

Best of luck everyone!

Airborne!

D Hop, January 31, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Team BANG (Bike Air National Guard) is a group of mostly retired military. Group is around 30 with maybe 10 active.

Sandaltan ., January 31, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Phil, those military affiliated teams are not for just the young riders. They include retirees, active, reserve, friends, relatives, kids and grandkids. If you are inclined to join one of those teams you could contact T.J., the RAGBRAI Ride Director, who I believe would put you in touch with the team contact person. Parachuting on the route is not allowed and MREs are banned.

RIDE RIGHT

Phil Coolberth, February 1, 2014 at 5:47 am

Thanks again, everyone. A team has been in touch and I am all set. Enjoy the ride and best of luck to all.

Darcy Clardy, February 11, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Hello Phil. Team Operation Homefront Central Midwest/KS/MO consists of a lot of veterans. Our organization provides support to military, veteran, and wounded warriors families so we are hoping to have a lot of riders from each of these groups. We already have veterans riding on our team from WI, IA, and KS, so please let us know if you would like to join us.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters