Forums

Forums Categories

Members

New book

(5 posts) (3 voices)
Started 1 year ago ago by Amanda
Latest reply from Ragbrai Nation 12 months ago ago

Amanda
  • To keep you in the RAGBRAI frame of mind… I am reading a new book called Rumble Yell: Discovering America’s Biggest Bike Ride. I think I am on the 2nd chapter. Funny and so far very true for first timers! I will let you know how I liked it when I am done. Can’t remember the author’s name. Funniest part was when he said the hardest part about preparing was how to tell his wife he wanted to do this. That was hilarious!

Posted 1 year ago ago #694132

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Author’s name is Brian David Bruns.

This was a Kickstarter project and there was a thread on the book back in May of this year; in fact, you had even posted asking if it would be available on Kindle.  As you are well aware, it is; he also has a companion e-book entitled “Rumble See” which consists of pictures taken during the week that is chronicled in the book.

I personally supported the project at a level that got me an autographed/inscribed hard-cover edition of the book — and yes, I loved it!  Worthy of inclusion in anyone’s cycling library.

-”BB”-

Posted 1 year ago ago #694195

Amanda
  • Bicycle Bill – you have a way better memory than me!! Well, I did get the kindle version and might buy one for my cousin. It is a good read! Thanks for the post, BB!

Posted 1 year ago ago #696264

Ragbrai Nation
  • Another book, released this fall: “RAGBRAI” by Chicago author Greg Borzo. I’m through 9 of 11 chapters. The book is a great insight into this mecca of bicycling we’ve come to know. Detailed in just the right amount and in the right places Greg covers all the bases. He mixes early & late history of RAGBRAI along with good photos, suttle tips on how to ride the ride and what to expect if your contemplating on doing it.

Borzo rides RAGBRAI with Ragbrai CUBS (Chicago Urban Bicycle Society), a long running Chicago bike club that has participated in the ride for many years. C-CUBS are a huge contributor to Monticello, Iowa’s Camp Courageous as well as similar organization(s) in their home town of Chicago.

Posted 1 year ago ago #696831

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy