Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

New Jersey rider looking for team

(6 posts) (6 voices)
Started 1 year, 6 months ago ago by Ed Kanitra
Latest reply from SFC JKL2 6 months, 1 week ago ago

Ed Kanitra
  • Hi All,
    I am a 57 yr. old guy who has recently got back on the bike after an extended lay off. A heart attack last November, and a stent implant in June inspired me to get back on the bike. I figure that as a reward for myself for adopting a new healthier life style I would ride RAGBRAI, which is something I have always thought would be a cool thing to do. While I am not doing the 300 miles a week that I once did, I am currently riding about 100 miles a week. I feel better than I have in decades and I have NO doubts that I will be able to complete the RAGBRAI ride. While my wife is planning on coming to act as support, and cheerleader she will not be riding a bike. if you can help me out or have any questions you can either respond here if you like, or via my email edkanitra@gmail.com! Thanks! Ed

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #332437

Michrider
  • Check out Pork Belly Ventures (PBV). http://pkbelly.com/ . PBV is my favorite charter!!!! PBV makes a lot of promises and they follow through with all of them!!!!! Look me up, I’ll be hanging out under the big circus tent!!!!

It’s a sick world and I’m a happy man!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #333326

Ragbrai Nation
  • Looking forward to your revving the engine come July, Ed! 8-)

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #335008

jwsknk
  • so your wife is also coming to Iowa but not riding? Are you then considering trying to get your own vehical pass or are you looking for a team that also needs another driver? Used to be at least one team from NJ, Barry from Hell’s Kitchen used to ride with them, don’t know who he comes with now, havent seen the rest of the team for a couple of years. Start asking aroung in local bike shops, they might know others from the area that are coming out too.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #335455

• Tiffany names Cumenal as president, director
    Tiffany promotes Frederic Cumenal to role of president

Posted 6 months, 1 week ago ago #636139

SFC JKL2
  • Ed- I’d like to hear what you find out. I’m going to be moving to the Philly area in January and might be looking for a ride in either direction.

Posted 6 months, 1 week ago ago #636522

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy