RAGBRAI XLIII Countdown – July 19-25, 2015
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Forums Categories

Members

No repeat of a miserable 2012 experience for me!!!!

(5 posts) (3 voices)
Started 1 year, 9 months ago ago by toadhead
Latest reply from toadhead 1 year, 9 months ago ago

toadhead
  • There will be no repeat of XL for me…. Last year, the last week in July was the WORST week of the year for me…. While I was home, working the first half of the week, I was miserable, knowing that 15,000 of my closest friends were struggling in the Iowa heat…. My boss made sure that I had the second half of the week of, as I had not given up hope of getting out for the end of the week…. I had a spot on a team bus for a few days and an offer of a free wristband that was otherwise would have gone to waste…. But alas, the stars did not align for me and after four consecutive years, I had to miss RAGBRAI for the first time since my virgin ride….

NOT AGAIN THIS YEAR MY FRIENDS!!!! I AM REGISTERED FOR XLI!!!! CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL IN COUNCIL BLUFFS!!!!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #488402

Michrider
  • That’s great Toady! I’ll look for you in C.B.!!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #488403

Pdiddly
  • Way to put “the Man” in his place. Shout there, I’ll be one of the 500 people wearing a CA Republic jerseys.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #488518

Pdiddly
  • Um, that was supposed to read “see you there”, not shout there. I don’t even know what that means!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #488519

toadhead
  • Had nothing to do with the man…. Boss originally gave me the whole week off…. When I knew I wasn’t going, he offered to still give me the second half of the week in case I could work out the other stuff…. I gotta say, as far as bosses go, I got a good one…. And no, he isn’t on here, so he won’t see this…. But it probably helps that I work in a bike shop!!!!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #488633

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy