The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Northeast Illinois Ragbrai Riders association

The November meeting of the Ragbrai XXXIX year of NIRRA (Northeast Il. Ragbrai riders Assoc.) will be at Kaisers on Butterfield Road in Mundelein on Wednesday,Nov. 10 at 6:30. I will be working in Aurora that day and may be a little late.  But I’ll be there!

No one was naked last month.  Damn 

All you can eat pizza for $5.

67 Replies

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, August 31, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Don’t know how the human hair got into this thread,(personally, I have no use for that stuff, being a proud bald header) BUT, is anyone else in the north burbs of Chicago interested in a face to face with other ragbrai folk?
if so, reply on this board or email me (kolimat@yahoo.com).

Next Ragbrai event is route announcement party in January. See you there?

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, September 29, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Well, I been here for a long time.
The NIRRA (a north Chicago burbs Ragbrai meeting) cant seem to get off the ground. We used to get 4 or 5 folks, but now mostly no one. It’s puzzling to me as there must be at least 1 to 2 thousand folks go on Ragbrai from Chicago. I must be doing something wrong.
I would love to hear any advice on how to get more riders or curious riders to be. Any advice along that line would be appreciated. You can post here or email me at “kolimat@yahoo.com”. Also, if there are any other gatherings in the Chicago area, I’d love to hear about them.
Anyhow, the October meeting of NIRRA will be held on Wed, Oct 12 at 6:00pm at tavern on 60 in Mundelein. Much discussion on the 2017 route and the Announcement party in Jan. See you there!

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, September 29, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Well, I been here for a long time.
The NIRRA (a north Chicago burbs Ragbrai meeting) cant seem to get off the ground. We used to get 4 or 5 folks, but now mostly no one. It’s puzzling to me as there must be at least 1 to 2 thousand folks go on Ragbrai from Chicago. I must be doing something wrong.
I would love to hear any advice on how to get more riders or curious riders to be. Any advice along that line would be appreciated. You can post here or email me at “kolimat@yahoo.com”. Also, if there are any other gatherings in the Chicago area, I’d love to hear about them.
Anyhow, the October meeting of NIRRA will be held on Wed, Oct 12 at 6:00pm at tavern on 60 in Mundelein. Much discussion on the 2017 route and the Announcement party in Jan. See you there!

Profile photo of George
George A, October 4, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Papa T,

Have you tried to organize training rides in the spring and early summer? Maybe initially most would rather ride their bike than go to a restaurant and hang out. Just a thought.

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, October 5, 2016 at 11:02 am

Great idea Let. My first thought is a get together in Waconda after the St. Paddy’s run (always on a Sunday in March) by Wheeling Wheelmen. In April I could organize a Poker run in Mundelein or Vernon Hills.
then we could organize a trip Or trips to the Bacoon ride and or the Pigtail ride (both in Iowa. In May or June.
email (kolimat@yahoo.com) or text 847 707 7897 an we could communicate further. I live in Vernon Hills, you????

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, October 7, 2016 at 7:01 am

any other Ideas????

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, November 1, 2016 at 11:08 am

Hey, if anybody still reads this, the NIRRA group is folding into thc “Lake county bicycle group”. This Meetup group has news about local (Lake Co. IL) bicycle stuff. Next Sunday, they have a meetup re: Ragbrai 2017. at 3 PM at Half Day Brewing Co. 200 Village Green in Lincolnshire. I plan to be there, why not U 2?

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, January 16, 2017 at 10:33 am

Well, that didn’t work out. Meetup wants 10 bucks a month to use them for notification and I’m a tightass I’m going to DSM this Saturday. if anyone else is going to be there, let me know or look me up there. Brewhaha has a table there. Maybe have a nirra meeting in early feb.

Profile photo of Dan
Dan Broggi, March 12, 2017 at 9:22 am

Hi. I live in Rolling Meadows. Rode the 2014 & 2015 versions of RAGBRAI. Took a year off to ride Georgia’s version last summer, BRAG, but will do RAGBRAI again this summer with 2 others. Always looking for people to ride with, tell stories, drink some beer…
I’ll be at the St. Patty’s Day ride (if it’s warmer than 30 degrees) if you want to say hi.
-Dan

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, March 22, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Sorry, Dan, I was at Wauconda sunday, but didn’t check this board before going. My fault but you have inspired me to try another meeeting.

Sooooo The next meeting will be in on March 30 at 6:00. . It will be at the Tavern on 60 in Mundelein. One block west of the intersection of Hwy 60 and 45 on the north side of 60. Wear Ragbrai gear if you have$10 pizza..

discuss route and registration deadline.
Did I mention I cannot wait!

Profile photo of Dan
Dan Broggi, March 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm

OK, Papa T! I’ll try my best to be there. Will try to drag others as well, and let you know if I can’t come.
I know what you mean about the anticipation. Once you decide you’re going, it’s hard to stop thinking about it! 🙂

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, April 4, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Dan and I had a fun meeting! Talked about all things Ragbrai. If anyone else around Lake County would lite to get together and talk about THE RIDE, or biking in general, give me a holler!

Did I mention I cannot wait???

Profile photo of Dan
Dan Broggi, April 4, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Good meeting you too, Papa T! My riding buddy from Florida will be around Chicago from April 14th to the 22nd. Let’s see if we can get together again in a couple of weeks. Cheers, -Dan

Profile photo of George
George A, April 19, 2017 at 10:55 am

Any get together planned for this month? I am in Crystal Lake and depending on where and when I would be up for it.

Profile photo of Dave
Papa T, April 19, 2017 at 3:49 pm

how about the 27 april at tavern on 60 at 6:00. discuss route and plans for July.

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013

Training

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Gatherings & Meetings

RAGBRAI XL – 2012