RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

NoVA area riders?

(11 posts) (4 voices)
Started 1 year, 5 months ago ago by lisa o
Latest reply from Excited Rider 1 year, 2 months ago ago

lisa o
  • this will be my second ragbrai. after last year I realized I needed to kick the training up a notch. anyone in NoVA want to do some rides and maybe check in with each other on the great ride to make sure we’re still alive?

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #473188

patrsnw
  • Where in Northern Virginia? We’re in Alexandria.

And how notch-kicking do you want to go?

This will be RAGBRAI #16 for me and #13 for my wife.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #473914

lisa o
  • Yikes – 16 and 13?! I work in Alexandria and it’s kept me so busy I haven’t even looked at my bike in weeks. I AM RIDING TOMORROW!! Spokes in Vienna just started a meetup for some road rides. they have one coming up this Saturday.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #482875

lisa o
  • And – do you use a charter? I’m going with shuttleguy again. Almost did PBV this year – maybe next year.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #482876

Michael
  • I just moved to the Merrifield area of Fairfax. This will be #4 for me but my first full week. Looking for some people to ride with to help get the mileage in.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #483334

patrsnw
  • Hi Michael. As Lisa pointed out, Bikes of Vienna does group rides, as do Potomac Pedalers (www.potomacpedalers.org). If you need/want the group as impetus for the miles, both will work.

On the other hand, you’re not far from W&OD so you can just pop up there and get as many miles in as time allows. I used to live right up the road from you (literally) and would ride out for an hour and then gauge my condition by the increasing distances. Note, though, that it almost always takes longer to get home than to get out – if you’re riding west.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #483338

Michael
  • That doesn’t surprise me at all. I run the W&OD all the time. Let me know if anyone is planning a ride sometime.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #483346

Excited Rider
  • Hi Lisa. I live in the area. I have signed up for full week Ragbrai. I started to ride in area and kick my bike. I rode in W&OD couple time this months. I plan to ride more. If you are interested, we can ride sometime together. Have you done any tours in this area?

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #501401

lisa o
  • I was going to do some w&od Sat AM, but pollen is killing me. I’ll be in the gym tomorrow. I haven’t been able to ride as much as I wanted to – will be doing 2-a-days for a while to get ready. I’ve signed up for the Civil War ride and probably the Seagull ride in Oct.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #503885

Excited Rider
  • Hi Lisa,

I left you a private message. Please send me a message with ur contact #. We can exchange more info too. When I plan to get out to let u know. I did Sea gull century last year and was a lot fun and plan to do it again.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #503931

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy