Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Omaha Triathlon right into Ragbrai

(8 posts) (6 voices)
Started 1 year, 8 months ago ago by Eric
Latest reply from ThinkPie 1 year, 8 months ago ago

Eric
  • I was just looking over my dates and it seems that the Omaha Triathlon is the same morning RAGBRAI pulls out of Council Bluffs. I really planned on doing that Tri, and a full week of RAGBRAI…. Just wondering if anyone was interested/planning to do the Tri and bike like hell to catch up to the RAGBRAI group?
    Thats my plan anyways. Just wanted to see if we could get a small group together for it. Shouldn’t add more than 20 miles to the days ride, minus the miles ridden during the Tri

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #472250

Ragbrai Nation
  • If I was doing the OMA Tri I would skip Ragbrai Day-1 unless I could get on the Ragbrai route out of Council Bluffs no later than noon. Or else join the ride in Harlan on the morning of Day-2. You won’t miss that much you’d still be looking at 6 days of awesome fun. Don’t forget Day-2 is the XLI’s long distance day, over 100 miles if ur planning on doing the Century Loop.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #473145

Eric
  • I’m quite sure I can get on the route by noon. I’m not going into this as an either/or. I am doing this, Just wanted to know if anyone else planned the same thing so I could try and make a group out of it. The fact that I might have to do 2 century rides back to back is not an issue. This is my yearly vacation and it’s all or nothin, and nothin is not an option!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #473418

jwsknk
  • 57 mile first day, 10 mph average on the bike done by 6:00, sounds easy enough. 2400+ feet climbing probably nearly as much downhill too. Cpurse I have never tiried it after a Tri.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #473447

John
  • Interesting idea – I’ll look into it. I have the added challenge of coming in from out of town, but I could drop my gear off with the charter group, do the tri, then bike to the overnight town on day one. I am also doing Ragbrai with a few people, so need to coordinate their schedules.

I take it your doing the international distance? I was looking for a way to add some more distance/ challenge to the route. This may be the ticket!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #473680

hotwheels
  • Hey Eric you might want to consider trying the igranfondo.com 100 mile+ timed ride from Sioux City to Councils Bluff the day before.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #473990

Eric
  • wow, That would be a challenge!! I had planned to compete in the Tri…. well give it a shot any ways. Would have to think a century the day before might wear me down a bit the next day. But it does look like a fun ride, and being the first one.. Guess I could just have fun at the tri as well. any ways just to do all of it would be quite a feat.
    I’ll have to see about transport, but I’ll be sure to look into it. What do you say John? big enough challenge for ya?

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #473995

ThinkPie
  • This might be just the ticket for Cycling Roberto. :) You guys are amazing!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #474319

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy