RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Past Route Maps

(10 posts) (6 voices)
Started 1 year, 2 months ago ago by KC
Latest reply from KC 1 year, 2 months ago ago

KC
  • Just out of curiosity, is there a website or anything that will show the past RAGBRAI routes. I’m trying to do a little research and can’t find a lot of the roads taken or the pass-through towns – only the overnight towns.

If not a website, book?

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #475512

“Bicycle Bill”
  • I’ve never seen anything comprehensive — and believe me, I’ve looked!!
    However, I’ve got maps (in a box somewhere :-P ) going back to 1976 and according to what I’ve been told my IP allows me a certain amount of space for a personal webpage.  I’ll check into that and maybe I’ll find a way to upload what I’ve already got as a resource, and then figure out how to fill in the gaps.

-”BB”-

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #475515

jwsknk
  • I have a state map with 30 of them drawn on it, does that help?

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #475530

Sandaltan
  • Map party at Skunky’s, bring your cardboard box Beebs!!! We gonna relive some good times.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #475595

jwsknk
  • should be 30 years worth of overnight towns and routes

disclamer: some pins may have fallen out & i ran out of different colours long time ago.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #475806

jwsknk
  • okay ST, Map party at Skunky’s, bring your cardboard box Beebs!!! We gonna relive some good times.

and lay out the who knows how many Skunk photo albums from RAGBRAI,(10?) the 150 ride, (6?)the Mississippi ride, (2?) England & Austraila, 1 each.
    Then want to watch the 150 video and Team Skunk does RAGBRAI XXV? There are some official RAGBRAI videos too.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #475884

“Bicycle Bill”
  • I’ve got all six of the ‘official’ Register-sold RAGBRAI VHS videos from RAGBRAI XVI through XXI, plus the special Offenberger-led cross-country Sesquicentennial ride as well as the official RAGBRAI XXV tape — but the one RAGBRAI documentary I want to find/see again is the one that finally got me off my duff and onto the ride.  I believe the official title was “The Great American Bicycle Ride” and it detailed RAGBRAI IV (1976).  I remember seeing it in the summer of 1977 — pretty sure it was on public TV, although our local cable system did carry the Mason City CBS-TV station (KIMT) from time to time back then so I might have seen it there as well.  Once I finished watching it I had made up my mind that I was going to get onto RAGBRAI by hook or by crook and it wouldn’t matter who I’d have to kill to do it.  Fortunately it didn’t come down to that point, but it did personally involve Papa RAGBRAI himself.  The statute of limitations are certainly expired by now, so someday I’ll have to tell you-all the story of how I first met John Karras and ended up on RAGBRAI VI.

But back to the video.  Anybody remember this, or know any more details, or can point me in the proper direction to try to locate a copy either on film or videotape?

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #475885

KC
  • That’s perfect, guys…thanks. I love the map, too.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #476951

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy