The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) My Favorite Charter!!!!

Every year about this time, people start searching for a team to join. Do you want to join a team? Are you looking for a charter? There are many good charters on RAGBRAI but I think Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) is the best!!! I’ve traveled with them for years! They offer a lot of extras that you may not be able to get anywhere else. RAGBRAI will announce the Route for 2013 on January 26, 2013. As soon as the route is announced, PBV will send out their invitation letter. To be added to the list for that invitation, contact Pete: petephillips@cox.net or Tammy: tammypav@cox.net . You can check out PBV at http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php. I’ll meet you under PBV’s big circus tent!!!!

34 Replies

Profile photo of Michrider
Michrider !!!, January 28, 2013 at 8:48 am

PBV sent out their invitation email yesterday. Of course I registered right away! With the RAGBRAI route announcement and PBV, I’m getting excited!!! PBV is the best RAGBRAI charter on this planet!!!! Maybe I should start training????

http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php

Michrider !!!, February 1, 2013 at 7:04 am

I post this info because Beebs asked me to keep him updated about my Favorite Charter!!! From PBV’s 2013, invitation letter; “Last year PBV built a 20-foot Portable Restroom Trailer. it’s nice to have a porcelain alternative to the standard kybo! PBV’s trailer is equipped with six toilet stalls, a walk-through urinal area, all with flushing fixtures. There are power roof vents, light fixtures, hand-sanitizing dispensers inside, and two sinks with soap dispensers outside. We’ll probably dim the lights a bit this year–it was blinding in there at 2:00 am. Mirrors and paper towels are in the sink area at the front of the trailer. In Pork Camp, the restroom trailer will typically be located near the shower trailers of Pork Belly Ventures.”

Profile photo of RonB
RonB, February 1, 2013 at 10:08 am

Mich,
I’m a little confused! How do you really feel about PBV? 🙄

Michrider !!!, February 1, 2013 at 10:31 am

RonB: Mich, I’m a little confused! How do you really feel about PBV?

Yes Ron, I’m a fan, as if you didn’t know! Lots of other fans out there in RAGBRAI land!!!!! 🙂 I’m just trying to help out Beebs!!!!

Profile photo of jim
jwsknk, February 1, 2013 at 10:52 am

someone at work has a friend coming from California for their fist RAGBRAI. She said the guy signed up with pork something and he wanted to know if they were any good…

Michrider !!!, February 1, 2013 at 11:18 am

jws: someone at work has a friend coming from California for their fist RAGBRAI. She said the guy signed up with pork something and he wanted to know if they were any good…

Tell them I said HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile photo of jim
jwsknk, February 1, 2013 at 11:35 am

told them pork belly ventures? never hear of them 😆
and watch out for kurb dwellers from kentucky

Profile photo of RonB
RonB, February 1, 2013 at 11:39 am

Michrider: Yes Ron, I’m a fan, as if you didn’t know! Lots of other fans out there in RAGBRAI land!!!!! I’m just trying to help out Beebs!!!!

Yeah Mich, I know, just pulling your chain a little. Like i said last year if PBV is not giving you a big discount, they should!! Or at least provide a couple of Buds and a soft curb for you to enjoy ’em on.

Tammy/Pete, you reading this?

Michrider !!!, February 1, 2013 at 12:49 pm

RonB, I do get special treatment, I get tent # 000 it’s a sign from God!!!!!

Profile photo of Iceman
Iceman, February 1, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Yeah, but Mich cheated on PBV. He rode with Bubba’s Pampered Pedalers a couple of years ago. That dirty, two-timing cheater.

Michrider !!!, February 1, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Yes, I did Iceman! The year was 2010 but never again!!!!!!

Profile photo of Wayne
patrsnw, February 6, 2013 at 11:43 am

Heck, I traveled with Bubba several years ago, too. But that was for BRAG. I’ve let Tammy and Pete schlep my (and our) gear across Iowa since 1996. Were pretty pampered by PBV.

Michrider !!!, February 6, 2013 at 12:41 pm

patrsnw: Heck, I traveled with Bubba several years ago, too. But that was for BRAG. I’ve let Tammy and Pete schlep my (and our) gear across Iowa since 1996. Were pretty pampered by PBV.

pat, I totally agree, Tammy, Pete and their PBV crew do a fantastic job! I’ll never again do RAGBRAI with any other charter!!! I’ll keep my opinion of Bubba to myself!!! 👿

Profile photo of Iceman
Iceman, February 7, 2013 at 9:00 am

Michrider: pat, I totally agree, Tammy, Pete and their PBV crew do a fantastic job! I’ll never again do RAGBRAI with any other charter!!! I’ll keep my opinion of Bubba to myself!!!

No – we’d like to hear about Bubba. He’s the only game in town on some of the other week long rides and we’d like to know if we’d be better off just taking our own tents, etc.

Michrider !!!, February 7, 2013 at 9:07 am

Iceman: No – we’d like to hear about Bubba. He’s the only game in town on some of the other week long rides and we’d like to know if we’d be better off just taking our own tents, etc.

NO, I don’t think I’ll talk about him!!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLI – 2013’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013

Training

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Gatherings & Meetings

RAGBRAI XL – 2012