RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) My Favorite Charter!!!!

(35 posts) (13 voices)
Started 1 year, 8 months ago ago by Michrider
Latest reply from jwsknk 1 year, 2 months ago ago

Michrider
  • Every year about this time, people start searching for a team to join. Do you want to join a team? Are you looking for a charter? There are many good charters on RAGBRAI but I think Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) is the best!!! I’ve traveled with them for years! They offer a lot of extras that you may not be able to get anywhere else. RAGBRAI will announce the Route for 2013 on January 26, 2013. As soon as the route is announced, PBV will send out their invitation letter. To be added to the list for that invitation, contact Pete: petephillips@cox.net or Tammy: tammypav@cox.net . You can check out PBV at http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php. I’ll meet you under PBV’s big circus tent!!!!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #403518

MIKE GLEASON
  • Did my first Ragbrai last year and had a blast! We went with Pork Belly and could not be more impressed with how organized and friendly they were. It was nice to come back to root beer floats at night, music and some great meals. Will be PBV customer this year and can’t wait! 8-)

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #404169

trek15rider
  • My wife and I did our first RAGBRAI last year and we went with Brancel Charters. Bob and Debbie are great folks and run a great operation. They really made our trip very enjoyable! Obviously everyone’s going to have varying opinions, but as for me you can’t go wrong with Brancel. Already looking forward to XLI!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #405060

Michrider
  • I traveled with Brancel in 2007. Bob Brancel is a great guy and he & crew provide a very good service! However, PBV is still my favorite!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago ago #405616

Michrider
  • I was browsing thru the pages and saw this topic way back on page 5, so here it is again!!! PBV will send out their invitation email the day after the route is announced, on January 26, 2012. That’s less than one month by my Kain-tucky calendar!!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #461232

Michrider
  • PBV sent out their invitation email yesterday. Of course I registered right away! With the RAGBRAI route announcement and PBV, I’m getting excited!!! PBV is the best RAGBRAI charter on this planet!!!! Maybe I should start training????

http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #471261

Michrider
  • I post this info because Beebs asked me to keep him updated about my Favorite Charter!!! From PBV’s 2013, invitation letter; “Last year PBV built a 20-foot Portable Restroom Trailer. it’s nice to have a porcelain alternative to the standard kybo! PBV’s trailer is equipped with six toilet stalls, a walk-through urinal area, all with flushing fixtures. There are power roof vents, light fixtures, hand-sanitizing dispensers inside, and two sinks with soap dispensers outside. We’ll probably dim the lights a bit this year–it was blinding in there at 2:00 am. Mirrors and paper towels are in the sink area at the front of the trailer. In Pork Camp, the restroom trailer will typically be located near the shower trailers of Pork Belly Ventures.”

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #472435

RonB
  • Mich,
    I’m a little confused! How do you really feel about PBV? :roll:

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #472503

Michrider
  • RonB: Mich, I’m a little confused! How do you really feel about PBV?

Yes Ron, I’m a fan, as if you didn’t know! Lots of other fans out there in RAGBRAI land!!!!! :) I’m just trying to help out Beebs!!!!

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #472504

jwsknk
  • someone at work has a friend coming from California for their fist RAGBRAI. She said the guy signed up with pork something and he wanted to know if they were any good…

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #472515

Michrider
  • jws: someone at work has a friend coming from California for their fist RAGBRAI. She said the guy signed up with pork something and he wanted to know if they were any good…

Tell them I said HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #472522

jwsknk
  • told them pork belly ventures? never hear of them :lol:
    and watch out for kurb dwellers from kentucky

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #472523

RonB
  • Michrider: Yes Ron, I’m a fan, as if you didn’t know! Lots of other fans out there in RAGBRAI land!!!!! I’m just trying to help out Beebs!!!!

Yeah Mich, I know, just pulling your chain a little. Like i said last year if PBV is not giving you a big discount, they should!! Or at least provide a couple of Buds and a soft curb for you to enjoy ‘em on.

Tammy/Pete, you reading this?

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #472524

Michrider
  • RonB, I do get special treatment, I get tent # 000 it’s a sign from God!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #472526

iceman
  • Yeah, but Mich cheated on PBV. He rode with Bubba’s Pampered Pedalers a couple of years ago. That dirty, two-timing cheater.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #472532

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy