• Profile picture of Evan
    active 58 minutes ago
  • Profile picture of jordandad
    active 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
  • Profile picture of Lesley
    active 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
  • Profile picture of Shaun
    active 1 hour, 34 minutes ago

Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) My Favorite Charter!!!!

(35 posts) (13 voices)
Started 3 years, 7 months ago by Michrider
Latest reply from jwsknk 3 years, 1 month ago

This topic contains 34 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jim jwsknk 3 years, 1 month ago.

Every year about this time, people start searching for a team to join. Do you want to join a team? Are you looking for a charter? There are many good charters on RAGBRAI but I think Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) is the best!!! I’ve traveled with them for years! They offer a lot of extras that you may not be able to get anywhere else. RAGBRAI will announce the Route for 2013 on January 26, 2013. As soon as the route is announced, PBV will send out their invitation letter. To be added to the list for that invitation, contact Pete: petephillips@cox.net or Tammy: tammypav@cox.net . You can check out PBV at http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php. I’ll meet you under PBV’s big circus tent!!!!

• Profile photo of Michrider
    Michrider
  • Every year about this time, people start searching for a team to join. Do you want to join a team? Are you looking for a charter? There are many good charters on RAGBRAI but I think Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) is the best!!! I’ve traveled with them for years! They offer a lot of extras that you may not be able to get anywhere else. RAGBRAI will announce the Route for 2013 on January 26, 2013. As soon as the route is announced, PBV will send out their invitation letter. To be added to the list for that invitation, contact Pete: petephillips@cox.net or Tammy: tammypav@cox.net . You can check out PBV at http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php. I’ll meet you under PBV’s big circus tent!!!!

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago ago #403518

Michrider
  • PBV sent out their invitation email yesterday. Of course I registered right away! With the RAGBRAI route announcement and PBV, I’m getting excited!!! PBV is the best RAGBRAI charter on this planet!!!! Maybe I should start training????

http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php

Posted 3 years, 5 months ago ago #471261

Michrider
  • I post this info because Beebs asked me to keep him updated about my Favorite Charter!!! From PBV’s 2013, invitation letter; “Last year PBV built a 20-foot Portable Restroom Trailer. it’s nice to have a porcelain alternative to the standard kybo! PBV’s trailer is equipped with six toilet stalls, a walk-through urinal area, all with flushing fixtures. There are power roof vents, light fixtures, hand-sanitizing dispensers inside, and two sinks with soap dispensers outside. We’ll probably dim the lights a bit this year–it was blinding in there at 2:00 am. Mirrors and paper towels are in the sink area at the front of the trailer. In Pork Camp, the restroom trailer will typically be located near the shower trailers of Pork Belly Ventures.”

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472435

• Profile photo of RonB
    RonB
  • Mich,
    I’m a little confused! How do you really feel about PBV? :roll:

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472503

Michrider
  • RonB: Mich, I’m a little confused! How do you really feel about PBV?

Yes Ron, I’m a fan, as if you didn’t know! Lots of other fans out there in RAGBRAI land!!!!! 🙂 I’m just trying to help out Beebs!!!!

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472504

• Profile photo of jim
    jwsknk
  • someone at work has a friend coming from California for their fist RAGBRAI. She said the guy signed up with pork something and he wanted to know if they were any good…

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472515

Michrider
  • jws: someone at work has a friend coming from California for their fist RAGBRAI. She said the guy signed up with pork something and he wanted to know if they were any good…

Tell them I said HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472522

• Profile photo of jim
    jwsknk
  • told them pork belly ventures? never hear of them 😆
    and watch out for kurb dwellers from kentucky

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472523

• Profile photo of RonB
    RonB
  • Michrider: Yes Ron, I’m a fan, as if you didn’t know! Lots of other fans out there in RAGBRAI land!!!!! I’m just trying to help out Beebs!!!!

Yeah Mich, I know, just pulling your chain a little. Like i said last year if PBV is not giving you a big discount, they should!! Or at least provide a couple of Buds and a soft curb for you to enjoy ’em on.

Tammy/Pete, you reading this?

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472524

Michrider
  • RonB, I do get special treatment, I get tent # 000 it’s a sign from God!!!!!

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472526

• Profile photo of Iceman
    Iceman
  • Yeah, but Mich cheated on PBV. He rode with Bubba’s Pampered Pedalers a couple of years ago. That dirty, two-timing cheater.

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472532

Michrider
  • Yes, I did Iceman! The year was 2010 but never again!!!!!!

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #472534

• Profile photo of Wayne
    patrsnw
  • Heck, I traveled with Bubba several years ago, too. But that was for BRAG. I’ve let Tammy and Pete schlep my (and our) gear across Iowa since 1996. Were pretty pampered by PBV.

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #473913

Michrider
  • patrsnw: Heck, I traveled with Bubba several years ago, too. But that was for BRAG. I’ve let Tammy and Pete schlep my (and our) gear across Iowa since 1996. Were pretty pampered by PBV.

pat, I totally agree, Tammy, Pete and their PBV crew do a fantastic job! I’ll never again do RAGBRAI with any other charter!!! I’ll keep my opinion of Bubba to myself!!! 👿

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #473927

• Profile photo of Iceman
    Iceman
  • Michrider: pat, I totally agree, Tammy, Pete and their PBV crew do a fantastic job! I’ll never again do RAGBRAI with any other charter!!! I’ll keep my opinion of Bubba to myself!!!

No – we’d like to hear about Bubba. He’s the only game in town on some of the other week long rides and we’d like to know if we’d be better off just taking our own tents, etc.

Posted 3 years, 4 months ago ago #474048

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLI – 2013’ is closed to new topics and replies.

© 2016 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy